The Official Boxing Thread IV - Golovkin vs Alvarez

J-ALL-DAY

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

Ridiculous lol

Pretty much affirms what I said earlier. There is ZERO reason for him to be favored vs Kovalev. If he wins, I bet Ward jumps on it and schools him.

Sure there’s is. There’s the whole ref thing that you mentioned, plus the fact that Krusher really hasn’t looked the same since Ward2 and the fact that Canelo is the better, albeit much smaller, fighter. 

Just now, malak1 said:

Sure there’s is. There’s the whole ref thing that you mentioned, plus the fact that Krusher really hasn’t looked the same since Ward2 and the fact that Canelo is the better, albeit much smaller, fighter. 

If Loma came up and fought Bud or Spence, do you think he'd be favored? No? It's the same principle. I hope Kovalev ends this nonsense and cleans him out early. I'm tired of Canelo.

3 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

If Loma came up and fought Bud or Spence, do you think he'd be favored? No? It's the same principle. I hope Kovalev ends this nonsense and cleans him out early. I'm tired of Canelo.

Bud and Spence, an argument can be made, are the best fighters on the planet regardless of weight. The same cannot be said about Krusher. I get what you’re saying, but it’s not apples to apples.

Edited by malak1

Just now, malak1 said:

Bud and Spence, an argument can be made, are the best fighters on the planet regardless of weight. The same cannot be said about Krusher. I get what you’re saying, but it’s not apples to apples.

But it's like Loma coming up to fight Bud. Canelo is jumping quite a bit of weight to fight Kovalev. I mean, I'd feel secure too, if I was him, with the way the judges love him but c'mon.

If he wins that fight, I really, really, really, really, really hope Andre Ward comes out of retirement and finally puts Canelo in his place.

However, I think Kovalev ends him early. The Canelo hype needs to die.

On 9/13/2019 at 8:32 PM, beekay414 said:

Why? He's got the judges favoritism so all he had to do is go the distance and he'll probably get his hand raised. 

Somebody is being a hater. Canelo should have lost the first fight to GGG, but he deserved the W in the second fight.

7 hours ago, beekay414 said:

But it's like Loma coming up to fight Bud. Canelo is jumping quite a bit of weight to fight Kovalev. I mean, I'd feel secure too, if I was him, with the way the judges love him but c'mon.

If he wins that fight, I really, really, really, really, really hope Andre Ward comes out of retirement and finally puts Canelo in his place.

However, I think Kovalev ends him early. The Canelo hype needs to die.

Canelo would be stupid to fight Ward. He’s stupid for fight Krusher, imo. Anyway, Canelo isn’t “hype.” He’s legitimately one of the best boxers in the world and would be inducted to the hall of fame if he retired today. 

I do understand, however, if people are mad because he was gifted a decision against GGG1. I was pissed too. 

Edited by malak1
  • Like 1

Canelo has a solid shot vs Kovalev. I think Kovalev is a bit past it and his weakness is the body and Canelo is one of the best at attacking the body. The problem for him is going to be Kovalev's jab and if he can overcome it. If not, he will lose a decision as Kovalev is able to just keep the fight on the outside.

Haven't seen Fury's fight yet but saw the cut. Wow!!!! He is set to face Wilder in February of 2020 as long as Wilder beats Ortiz in November. I don't know if Fury can fight in February after that nasty gash. I believe he got 47 stitches! 

On 9/18/2019 at 10:27 PM, RaiderX said:

That’s kind of funny. Though, I will say, Kovalev is only like a year older than GGG, and Canelo has already fought GGG twice. So that’s not ducking. Not to mention, Charlo and Andrade could/should fight each other (I’d take Charlo). And iirc, BJS has called out GGG in the past.