The Official Boxing Thread IV - Golovkin vs Alvarez

J-ALL-DAY

16 minutes ago, malak1 said:

Ward whoops Canelo, no question, imo.

Any LHW fighter not named Kovalev would. Krusher at this stage in his career was the most vulnerable. He'll take the GGG trilogy because Golovkin is aging and didnt look impressive vs Derevyanchenko.

1 minute ago, RaiderX said:

Any LHW fighter not named Kovalev would. Krusher at this stage in his career was the most vulnerable. He'll take the GGG trilogy because Golovkin is aging and didnt look impressive vs Derevyanchenko.

If I'm GGG, I say no thanks. I already beat him twice.

4 minutes ago, RaiderX said:

I wouldn’t say “any.” He just beat one of the, at worst, 4 best LHW in the world. I already conceded Beterviev in my first post tonight. Beterbiev would probably put Canelo to sleep. Lol.

14 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Canelo has turned into a phenomenal fighter. His defense is just amazing and the last two fights, his opponents have been so hesitant to even throw any power shots. Jacobs nor Kovalev committed to their shots as they were being scared to be countered.

He will beat GGG pretty convincingly if they do it a 3rd time. 

I want to see Canelo against Callum Smith. 

Yeah, I never expected him to KO Kovalev. Figured that might calm down some of the haters. Seems it didn't. <3 you, Beekay. ;)

On 11/3/2019 at 7:26 PM, beekay414 said:

I'll calm down when he fights someone that's not closer to being geriatric than in their primes.

Are you denying this guy doesn't take more challenges than damn near anyone in boxing? As seen by the actual fight, it was far from a forgone conclusion that he was going to have an easy time with Kovalev. That was a fight he could have lost and he went up two weight classes to take him on. He's fought Golovkin, he's fought Lara who no one wanted at that time, he took on Trout who had just dominated Cotto and of course he took on Mayweather. He's not the one that comes up with the scorecards of his fights but the man just continues to get better and take on challenge after challenge. He is 29 years old and he's already fought Mayweather, GGG (2x), Lara, Trout, Jacobs, Cotto and Kovalev. Some were not in their prime? Sure, but he still took on Mayweather when he was P4P #1 fighter in the world, he took on GGG when he was top 3-5 P4P, he took on Lara when he was the boogeyman at 154, he took on Trout who was a unified champion, he took on Cotto when he was on a nice run and then he fought Jacobs/Kovalev back to back this year. The man certainly deserves his respect. You can believe other fighters are better than him or that he's gotten a few crazy scorecards in his favor, but dude is the truth. Like it is crazy asking him to take on certain challenges that no one else does. Why won't Golovkin jump up to 175 and take on Beterbiev. Heck, why won't Golovkin go up even ONE weight class and take on the champs at 168? 

Edited by J-ALL-DAY
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, malak1 said:

What a fight. Inoue is a boss. Credit to Nonito for showing up ready to fight. Also, wtf was the ref doing in round 11!? smh. 

Donaire man......what a MAN. Mad respect to him for that performance. Inoue is Inoue, but Donaire has so much heart. 

• 2 weeks later...