The Official Boxing Thread IV - Golovkin vs Alvarez

J-ALL-DAY

I remember, a few years ago, I mentioned that Usyk would be a problem if he moved up and I was told he was too small. His technical skills are impeccable and would cause problems for most heavyweights and sure as ****, I was right. The only heavyweight I'd have favored over him is Fury and that's due to his own technical abilities. 

**** a rematch, give me Fury-Usyk once Fury dispatches Wilder again. Let Wilder and Joshua fight each other.

AJ has never lived up to the hype that he gets, particularly off some media in the UK. I’ve lost count of the number of times an ordinary performance from him is badged as “amazing”.

Fury v AJ was the dream, but AJ not taking fights seriously (Ruiz) or actually not being good enough (Usyk) has ruined the prospect of that.

Assuming Fury beats Wilder, Fury v Usyk could be the biggest heavyweight fight in a long, long time.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/25/2021 at 3:07 PM, agarcia34 said:

Dude is not this fighter that a lot of these people want him to be. 

He should've fought Fury and went out with a fat check against a great opponent instead of ducking then losing to guys that the public doesn't know about.

18 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Here for Wilder to knock out that oddly shaped man. Weights 277 and that weight will only go up over night. Wilder gained weight and looks fantastic. 

Fury's 4 pounds heavier/Wilder's 7 pounds heavier then the second fight. Fury's massive weight advantage gave him the ability to put pressure on Wilder and forced him to fight going backwards. Don't see anyway Wilder wins tonight.