The Official Boxing Thread IV - Golovkin vs Alvarez

J-ALL-DAY

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

The fan interest in the rematch is probably about 1/10th at best of what it was leading into the first fight. Even seeing the open workouts, press conferences, and other media events it looks like a B-List level event this time around. Can't knock Jake for making a killing with his approach to boxing but I think his window is starting to run out.

He said mma for sure in his future, and that he will be trained by Khabib, and Mendez.   lol

1 hour ago, malak1 said:

@beekay414Beterbiev is a freakin cyborg. He had his wig split and it didn’t seem to bother him one bit. I hate to break it to you,  but Canelo will stay far away, imo.

Oh I know. Canelo wants no part of that man. Just let me bury him as the fraud he is. Man picks and chooses who he fights rather than the commissions

• Like 1

21 hours ago, beekay414 said:

@malak1 glad you think of me tho. Bieterbiev is a god damn machine so it's not surprising that Canelo would avoid him at all costs.

Beterbiev/Bivol is a more likely fight, and one that I think should happen sooner rather than later. My money would be on Bivol, but that's a true 50/50 unification fight when/if it happens

23 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Oh I know. Canelo wants no part of that man. Just let me bury him as the fraud he is. Man picks and chooses who he fights rather than the commissions

The guy has fought Floyd, GGG, Kovalev, and Jacobs. I'm not sure how you can argue that he's a fraud who ducks opponents. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jrry32 said:

The guy has fought Floyd, GGG, Kovalev, and Jacobs. I'm not sure how you can argue that he's a fraud who ducks opponents. 

He clearly picks and chooses which guys, at specific weight classes, he wants to fight in order to acquire more belts. There's a reason he picked Kovalev when he did and not Bieterbiev to do it. Kovalev was the least worrisome LHW and was practically washed at that point. There's a reason he hasn't fought since that fight. Triple G fights were controversial and GGG wasn't the same fighter that he had been. Canelo clearly bides his time with these dudes. I'm not even sure how that's arguable.

Daniel Jacobs has no business being listed next to those 3 either. Jacobs is barely even a top 5 guy at his own weight class and has lost to practically every viable opponent he's faced. 

I'll **** on him all I want until he fights Benavidez, Andrade, Charlo, Bieterbiev, Bivol, Ramirez. Any fighter that's a viable threat to him, right now, he's not even remotely interested in fighting. He's ******* aiming to fight some Cruiserweight nobody cares about just to attempt to claim another belt in a different weight class that he'll never defend. 

Edited by beekay414

• 2 weeks later...