The Official Boxing Thread IV - Golovkin vs Alvarez

J-ALL-DAY

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Alrighty, let's see if Bivol shows up or not. Props to Canelo for at least taking a risk...finally. Then again, Bivol hasn't knocked anyone out since Barrera so I'm not sure how much his power is going to trouble Canelo or not. Gonna be interesting, for sure.

Still wish it was Artur but I don't think Canelo is that dumb.

7 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Alrighty, let's see if Bivol shows up or not. Props to Canelo for at least taking a risk...finally. Then again, Bivol hasn't knocked anyone out since Barrera so I'm not sure how much his power is going to trouble Canelo or not. Gonna be interesting, for sure.

Still wish it was Artur but I don't think Canelo is that dumb.

Canelo will fight Artur for undisputed after Artur beats Smith.

1 minute ago, malak1 said:

Catterall should be undisputed right now. 114-111 Taylor is dog**** 

Taylor was terrible tonight. Easily the worst I’ve seen him, but that doesn’t change the fact that Catterall should have had a comfortable UD.

It’s just not a very credible sport.

26 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Yea Catterall won that. Home cooking for sure. The only thing I can hold against him is that he let Taylor outwork him in the later rounds with better body language. 

Taylor gets slept by Crawford in 5 rounds if he moves up.

He should never mention Bud’s name again. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Yea Catterall won that. Home cooking for sure. The only thing I can hold against him is that he let Taylor outwork him in the later rounds with better body language. 

Taylor gets slept by Crawford in 5 rounds if he moves up.

I wouldn’t say home cooking to be honest. Yeah, there’s the Scotland England thing, but Taylor is from Edinburgh and Catterall is from a town a few hours south of Glasgow.

Sky Sports had Catterall miles ahead, I thought they’d scored Taylor harshly in a few of the earlier rounds. No matter what way you cut it, Taylor was not 4 rounds better than Catterall.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...