The Official Boxing Thread IV - Golovkin vs Alvarez

J-ALL-DAY

23 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

just now watching bivol v canelo and i feel like both dudes are just taking turns punching the gloves/arms of the other guy

I get the benefit of watching it in slowmo but this is like the 04' Pistons beating the Packers in the ECF averaging 75 points per gm. It's crazy how good Canelo's defensive reactions are. But he has 0 offense, just keeps throwing the right hook into the arm. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
14 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Anthony Joshua 😂😂😂

If I was him, I run to Wilder. Wilder would love a big payday, AJ's got to think if he can beat him he does a lot to repair the two losses he took. Let Usyk and Fury fight it out. Hope Fury can win. Then he can market a big British fight against Fury for the undisputed title in a big blockbuster match and get a nice payday. If he wins that he's a hero and back on top, if he loses, he got that one last big mega check.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/4/2022 at 6:14 PM, BayRaider said:

Surprised GGG agreed to another fight, they are just gonna rig another decision. He won both fights. 

He won the first fight 116-112 -- I originally scored the second fight 115-113 in his favor, but scored it a Draw after watching it two more times.
     But as to @beekay414's point, Canelo has been the recipient of some extremely questionable scorecards for years now. I have always believed corruption and behind-the-scenes shenanigans happened in the first fight against Golovkin (a lot of people would have lost a lot of money if Canelo lost -- and how can you NOT question that utterly ridiculous 118-110 scorecard in favor of Canelo?) But this has been happening ever since the Trout and Lara fights and has continued after the Golovkin rematch. He beat Trout, but not by that much. He probably only deserved a Draw against Lara, if that. He has yet to actually beat Golovkin. He was losing against Khan, Kovalev, Saunders, and Plant up until the KOs, but you wouldn't know by the scorecards. Canelo is not a bad fighter by any stretch of the imagination, but I think he's the cash cow for someone who doesn't want to lose money. After so many bad scorecards in so many fights in his favor, you gotta start asking questions.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, IdigtheRaiders! said:

He won the first fight 116-112 -- I originally scored the second fight 115-113 in his favor, but scored it a Draw after watching it two more times.
     But as to @beekay414's point, Canelo has been the recipient of some extremely questionable scorecards for years now. I have always believed corruption and behind-the-scenes shenanigans happened in the first fight against Golovkin (a lot of people would have lost a lot of money if Canelo lost -- and how can you NOT question that utterly ridiculous 118-110 scorecard in favor of Canelo?) But this has been happening ever since the Trout and Lara fights and has continued after the Golovkin rematch. He beat Trout, but not by that much. He probably only deserved a Draw against Lara, if that. He has yet to actually beat Golovkin. He was losing against Khan, Kovalev, Saunders, and Plant up until the KOs, but you wouldn't know by the scorecards. Canelo is not a bad fighter by any stretch of the imagination, but I think he's the cash cow for someone who doesn't want to lose money. After so many bad scorecards in so many fights in his favor, you gotta start asking questions.

Boxing is the most corrupt sport on the planet. Especially for Mexican boxers, the cartels are all over that stuff 

• 4 weeks later...