The Official Boxing Thread IV - Golovkin vs Alvarez

J-ALL-DAY

On 4/12/2023 at 10:00 AM, big poppa pump said:
On 4/12/2023 at 7:34 AM, malak1 said:

He's really good. Unfortunately for him, he's in a division that is about to be dominated by Shakur Stevenson for the next half-decade.

Yeah if Haney gets past Loma (and he should) then I would look forward to him and Shakur...but I agree...Shakur has too much for all of them.

It obviously ain't happening right now, but give Keyshawn 3 years of smartly ramping up the opponents...might give Shakur some issues. Kid is so talented. Still have no real idea how good his chin is because I've never seen him get hit in the jaw, so maybe he can't hang, but if the chin is solid...Keyshawn gonna be a problem.

• Like 1

Gonna need Janibek to look a lot more aggressive against whoever this bum is he's fighting in May. He got way too cute in his last fight. I don't think he lost, like a few people do, but he let it get to the point where you couldn't be too upset if it was a draw. Don't think he threw more than a 2 punch combo until the 8th, and it made no sense why to me. Every other fight, he's doing Lomachenko-like 4 punch combos, none of that against Bentley until the final 2 or 3 rounds, and even then not very often.

Edited by Jeezla

9 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

It obviously ain't happening right now, but give Keyshawn 3 years of smartly ramping up the opponents...might give Shakur some issues. Kid is so talented. Still have no real idea how good his chin is because I've never seen him get hit in the jaw, so maybe he can't hang, but if the chin is solid...Keyshawn gonna be a problem.

In my opinion, Shakur is on a different level than Keyshawn, and I really like Keyshawn. I'm having a hard time seeing anyone from 130-140 beat Shakur. I think he's special. 

6 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Gonna need Janibek to look a lot more aggressive against whoever this bum is he's fighting in May. He got way too cute in his last fight. I don't think he lost, like a few people do, but he let it get to the point where you couldn't be too upset if it was a draw. Don't think he threw more than a 2 punch combo until the 8th, and it made no sense why to me. Every other fight, he's doing Lomachenko-like 4 punch combos, none of that against Bentley until the final 2 or 3 rounds, and even then not very often.

I was really disappointed when Boo Boo moved up, because iirc Janibek was his mandatory. That would have been a good fight. He's not going to fight his fellow-countryman, so hopefully he can go after someone like Munguia. 

33 minutes ago, malak1 said:

I was really disappointed when Boo Boo moved up, because iirc Janibek was his mandatory. That would have been a good fight. He's not going to fight his fellow-countryman, so hopefully he can go after someone like Munguia. 

It's disgusting how many awesome fights we will never get. A lot of these divisions loaded with talent, but the top guys just skirt around fighting each other, as long as they get to keep some belt. 

Munguia is one of the worst offenders, iirc. Man is half duck.
Wasn't GGG supposed to fight Falcao? That could be good.

I'd like to see Andrade fight Mbili or Morrell.

Edited by Jeezla

25 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

It's disgusting how many awesome fights we will never get. A lot of these divisions loaded with talent, but the top guys just skirt around fighting each other, as long as they get to keep some belt. 

Munguia is one of the worst offenders, iirc. Man is half duck.
Wasn't GGG supposed to fight Falcao? That could be good.

Munguia doesn't move his head, like at all, lol. but he's game to get into a war and is fun to watch with a pretty good chin. Him and Janibek (or GGG for that matter) would be fireworks.

Idk what's next for GGG. He's over 40 and probably is too used to big pay days to fight any of the young up-and-comers. 

11 minutes ago, malak1 said:

Munguia doesn't move his head, like at all, lol. but he's game to get into a war and is fun to watch with a pretty good chin. Him and Janibek (or GGG for that matter) would be fireworks.

Idk what's next for GGG. He's over 40 and probably is too used to big pay days to fight any of the young up-and-comers. 

Munguia half duck, meaning he ducks quality opponents. 

4 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Munguia half duck, meaning he ducks quality opponents. 

Oh, I thought you meant that he's a sitting duck because his defense sucks and he has no head movement.

I don't think he is ducking anyone, I think Golden Boy is protecting him. He's still pretty young though, so hopefully he gets to fight someone with a pulse soon.