The Official Boxing Thread IV - Golovkin vs Alvarez

J-ALL-DAY

43 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

What's next for Crawford?

Spence is activating his rematch clause at 154 vs Crawford

In reality it should be Jaron Boots Ennis vs Crawford

on a side note, the inactivity of Spence may have made this one sided. Crawford had a tune up 

1 minute ago, bucksavage1 said:

Spence is activating his rematch clause at 154 vs Crawford

In reality it should be Jaron Boots Ennis vs Crawford

Never seen Ennis fight, unfortunately, nor do I recognize any of the names he's fought previously. Any bigger names out there that are options for Bud or is welterweight/junior middleweight just a bad weight range right now?

On 7/25/2023 at 12:52 PM, bucksavage1 said:

I agree. It would still be an argument that Inoue would win. Incredibly impressive and he looked like this weight class will not be his limit. Possible 130 or 135 not out of the question. If he can get to 135 , mega fights can happen 

I didn’t anticipate having to take back what I said so soon. Lol. I expected Crawford to win….not like that tho. Unreal.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Never seen Ennis fight, unfortunately, nor do I recognize any of the names he's fought previously. Any bigger names out there that are options for Bud or is welterweight/junior middleweight just a bad weight range right now?

Ennis *seems* legit. Crazy tools in his offensive arsenal. However, it’s hard for me to say anyone at 147 or 154 beats Bud after tonight. 

One thing I do know, it was a rough week for the PBC top dogs, and will get even worse when Canelo fights Jermell

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, malak1 said:

I didn’t anticipate having to take back what I said so soon. Lol. I expected Crawford to win….not like that tho. Unreal.

Lol yea I didn’t think we would see another one sided beating either…but we are here now

Inoue and Crawford are 1A or 1B P4P. Nobody is wrong who is A.

My top 5 includes Uysk , Bivol. Their issues are the top dogs at their division won’t fight them. Even though I’m not sure Uysk would beat Fury and Beterbiev could beat Bivol too

7 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

Lol yea I didn’t think we would see another one sided beating either…but we are here now

Inoue and Crawford are 1A or 1B P4P. Nobody is wrong who is A.

My top 5 includes Uysk , Bivol. Their issues are the top dogs at their division won’t fight them. Even though I’m not sure Uysk would beat Fury and Beterbiev could beat Bivol too

That’s a fair list. Mine is similar but I have Shakur up there. I can’t really justify it with his resume, but I genuinely think he is one of the 5 best fighters in the world. 

10 hours ago, RaiderX said:

Absolute masterclass of a beatdown. Stopping a guy that hadn't even been dropped in 28 fights. Picked Crawford before the fight but didn't see this kinda beating.

Never knocked down, then knocked down 3 times and eventually stopped. 

Crawford proved he was on another level. Very precise and his jabs were very stiff

People who think everything is "staged" are always so funny-

Diaz pressures constantly, they get tired, then he starts pouring it on. The process carries over from a 5 minute MMA Round to a 3 minute Boxing Round against someone at Jake's skill level. That's why he was "fuxking him up the last 50 sec of every round".

I enjoyed the bout, classic Diaz showing in an entertainment sense. If he took it seriously he could've won, at one point he apologized to Richard Perez for goofing around, but lazy no effort defense got him caught in Rounds 1 & 5 and the extra antics lost him a handful of rounds he was in position to win.

Jake beats on MMA guys who have less or zero pure boxing experience(And are often at an advanced age), which is why no one should have been surprised when Tommy Fury beat him. Tommy is an actual boxer with more experience than Jake, and he's closer to 18 than 40 unlike the rest of Jake's opponents. He's got a little pop in his hands, but this fight highlighted the significant lack of natural talent Jake Paul possesses. For the amount of money and years of training he's poured into this, he should be severely disappointed in this performance against a 38 year old MMA fighter in his first ever boxing match who was actively goofing around during the fight. Obviously he pulls in a lot of money for these events, but he can also earn big money outside of fighting so the accumulated brain damage from sparring in camp and then the fight itself is something Paul's team/family should start to be mindful of given his lack of talent and future in the sport. 

Jake said he wants to fight Nate in MMA now but I don't see that happening, he'll probably end up boxing Masvidal or someone like that again. 

Like I mentioned though, it was an entertaining bout with classic Diaz elements. Even though the middle finger option was taken away because of the boxing glove, everyone knew Nate would still cook something up 😂. He never disappoints- 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...