The Official Boxing Thread IV - Golovkin vs Alvarez

J-ALL-DAY

Katie Taylor is so good. Women's boxing just isn't going to ever pick up like in the UFC, but she's awesome. Has so much skill. 

Garcia is a legit top 10 P4P guy. Would love the Lomachenko fight next. 

Charlo vs the winner of Canelo/ggg or against Jacobs would be great. Dude is a problem for anyone. 

2 minutes ago, malak1 said:

What does this mean for Joshua's next opponent? 

He has a mandatory for the IBF, Pulev, who he'll walk through in less than 5 rounds.

He's then likely to fight in February/March (according to Hearn) against a top 10 opponent (not likely to be Wilder)

Then he will look to unify the WBC and WBO titles in spring/summer next year.

1 minute ago, texans_uk said:

He has a mandatory for the IBF, Pulev, who he'll walk through in less than 5 rounds.

He's then likely to fight in February/March (according to Hearn) against a top 10 opponent (not likely to be Wilder)

Then he will look to unify the WBC and WBO titles in spring/summer next year.

Dang, I was hoping that he'd cook up Wilder next. Can't wait to see Joshua put him on his arse. 

6 hours ago, texans_uk said:

@J-ALL-DAY

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/40811881

Wlad is retiring. Not wholly shocking, but a bit of a surprise. Nice to see someone unfazed by the bright lights on Vegas. 

Good for Wlad. He went out with a bang even though he ended up getting stopped. Wlad at age 40 fought great that night. End of an era with BHop, Wlad, Cotto, Floyd and Pac all to be done soon. I'm glad the youngsters get their chance to shine now.

Pulev isn't a bad fighter but he just has no chance against Joshua. I'm guessing Joshua fights Whyte in a rematch next March and then Wilder in a big summer show down. Potentially in Wembley. But I know Hearn wanted it on PPV in the states but not fighting Wlad in Vegas may halt those plans. 

Whyte is now with Matchroom and Joshua badly wants the rematch. He is still not happy with his performance and wants to make easy work of him in a rematch. I don't really see who else he could fight since he won't be getting Parker/Fury/Wilder next. Well, he may get Parker if he beats Fury so that could be the fight in March.