The Official Boxing Thread IV - Golovkin vs Alvarez

J-ALL-DAY

10 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Lomenchenko never throws to the body. I thought Marriaga fought a decent first four rounds.

He broke down his last opponent strictly to the body but yesterday was too head happy at times. Dude clowns way too much and that's fine against guys like Marriaga, but interested in seeing what he does when fighting another high level fighter who has the size advantage. 

7 hours ago, bkobow05 said:

Lomachenko reportedly reached out to McGregor about being his new sparring partner after the fallout with Paulie Malignaggi...

Just from the little clips I've seen of McGregor I can imagine him taking a lot of inspiration from Lomachenko. In terms of being unorthodox in some respects. 

Lomachenko will probably ko him quickly though.

On 8/9/2017 at 6:49 AM, texans_uk said:

Just from the little clips I've seen of McGregor I can imagine him taking a lot of inspiration from Lomachenko. In terms of being unorthodox in some respects. 

Lomachenko will probably ko him quickly though.

No way. I have no idea why people think McGregor is this punk that everyone could KO. He would have like 35-40 pounds on Lomachenko. And it's not like Lomachenko is a big puncher. He just makes fighters quit because of how embarrassing it gets for them.

But Lomachenko is a southpaw so not sure how much sense it would make to bring him to camp. I guess skills wise he is one of the few guys that could match Floyd and it would help there. 

14 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

No way. I have no idea why people think McGregor is this punk that everyone could KO. He would have like 35-40 pounds on Lomachenko. And it's not like Lomachenko is a big puncher. He just makes fighters quit because of how embarrassing it gets for them.

But Lomachenko is a southpaw so not sure how much sense it would make to bring him to camp. I guess skills wise he is one of the few guys that could match Floyd and it would help there. 

Lomachenko isn't a huge puncher, but the way he moves a) it will be hard for McGregor to land and b) it will be harder for McGregor to try and protect himself. 

If what Malinaggi said about him wincing at body shots is true then there's no telling what could floor him. 

Hard to see because you can't see their feet. Conor is pushing down on the head but the other clip was better where he landed that big straight left. Dude has legit skills. Obviously we don't know how the rest of the spar looked, but you could just see from the clips he is much more natural than most give him credit for.

This shows McGregor pulling his head down and then their feet could have also possibly been tangled.

But to me that clip was irrelevant. Nothing major landed there or showed McGregor's skill. The other clip though? Now there McGregor definitely put it on Paulie. That straight left was sweet. It was like a Lara straight left. I bet if McGregor boxed full time from day one, dude would make some noise. Amazing when you compare this to Aldo who was training with Robert Garcia last week and couldn't even throw a proper body shot. McGregor is THAT dude.