The Official Boxing Thread IV - Golovkin vs Alvarez

J-ALL-DAY

Yeah, I'd actually like to see them mix it up and one of them face GRJ, while the other faces LSC. And then Frampton could fight someone like Cuellar. But I'll take the rematch. Let's see if Mares will be better suited for it with Robert Garcia in his corner. 

Oscar is using all his time talking crap about Mayweather-McGregor. I'm guessing the hype for the fight will ramp up next week. 

Can't wait for the card tomorrow. Such a stacked card, arguably the best of the year.

And today Benavidez fights for the title. If he wins, he will currently be the youngest world champ at the age of 20.

12 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Oscar is using all his time talking crap about Mayweather-McGregor. I'm guessing the hype for the fight will ramp up next week. 

Can't wait for the card tomorrow. Such a stacked card, arguably the best of the year.

And today Benavidez fights for the title. If he wins, he will currently be the youngest world champ at the age of 20.

Yup. Wish I could go.

19251264_1513554898696331_642057511_n.jp

14 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

He does have a legit reason to be pissed about the timing of the Mayweather-McGregor fight. But because he has spent the last 10 years whining and moaning about Mayweather to the point that he sounds jealous, envious and sour....the legit complaint has just fallen on deaf ears. 

14 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Right now he's doesn't look like himself at all compared to his previous 2 fights.

Oscar is full of crap. He keeps talking about the integrity of the sport when he just gave us Canelo vs Chavez Jr on PPV. Um, apologize for that debacle before talking about the "integrity" of the sport. Besides, most casuals left satisfied after Mayweather/McGregor. Oscar should have rode the momentum of that fight to promote his by saying if you thought that fight was good, just wait until September 16 when you get two exciting fighters on top of their games in their primes. Instead, dude keeps bashing the other fight when it is so unnecessary. 

As for the fight yesterday, I had Benavidez winning by three points. I had it 8-4 minus the KD. I felt Benavidez was fighting in spurts in a lot of those rounds which made them closer than they should have been. Still, he was landing the more cleaner shots and was buzzing Gavril. Really good learning experience fight for him. Will be interesting to see how Haymon moves him from this point. He isn't quite ready for the Degales of the world, but may be in a years span. 

Wow!!!!!!! Unreal, end of an era. What a great fighter Chocolatito was in his prime. Props to Srisaket, didn't think he won last fight but left no doubt today.

Cuadras/Estrada was amazing though. Great fight, had Estrada edging it by a point.

Inoue is truly a monster as his moniker states. Sucks we don't get the Chocolatito fight, but maybe he could fight Srisaket or Estrada next.