incognito_man MACH I

incognito_man

Roster Moves (Our's)

Randall Cobb - Cut. Saves $9.5 million in cap space

Jordy Nelson - Extended 2 years @ ~ $5million/year. Saves $7 million in cap space. Takes on WR3/slot role going forward.

Clay Matthews - Extended 2 years @ ~$7million/year. Saves $5 million in cap space. Takes on #3 situational rusher/swing LB.

This puts us very roughly at about $60 million in cap space.

Aaron Rodgers - Extended 2 years (through 2021) to get his contract more inline with current league values. Can front-load to eat up cap space this offseason and give us easier outs as he ages.

Free Agents (Our UFAs)

Davante Adams

Corey Linsley

Davon House

Jeff Janis

Brett Goode

Free Agents (Outside)

Big Splash! T.T. makes a move for a 24 year ascending player that we have first-hand knowledge of kicking our own butts. He comes at a price though, TT has to cough up our 2nd round pick to land this RFA.

David Irving

One of the best pass-rushers on the market and we desperately need help here. Irving is easily worth a 2nd round pick if he trust him to stay clean going forward. Immediately brings some much needed pass-rush to our DL. A combo of Daniels, Clark, Irving instantly becomes a cornerstone unit to build around on that side of the ball. He's young, we steal him from a conference rival who is concentrating on Lawrence, and fills a huge a need. Some highlights: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eq9AgCLIyg

Ed Dickson

TT doesn't chase the prized TE on the market (Graham), but looks for another bargain. Dickson has sat behind Olsen in Carolina for years and has a severely depressed value. But a guy who can do this could help this team out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pc1QNcZ2Yww

Andrew Norwell

Having let both Lang and Sitton walk for various reasons, TT dips back into FA to get a guy who is better than either going forward. With the OL musical chairs this year, TT snags an IOL stud, our 2nd steal from Carolina in the offseason.

Rashaan Melvin

Has quietly put together a good year in Indy on a bad team. Could be another bargain signing and I suspect TT ensures he has adequate CB depth heading into 2018.

DRAFT

Round 1 - Marcus Davenport, Edge, UT San Antonio

If he lasts this long. I posted this about him in the draft forum: 

So watched 3 cut-ups of Marcus Davenport (TAMU, North Tx, Tx State) and came away liking him more than all the other edge guys not named Chubb. He's a bit of a bull in a china shop and needs to refine his footwork and learn his body a bit yet. As my grandpa would say: "he's all elbows and assholes" out there (i.e. some wasted movement). But he plays with violence, effort and most of the time good awareness. His punch is significant, he can use his length to keep his pads clean already and he turns speed into power effortlessly. His body control shows flashes, his COD skills show room for refinement IMO. He's long everywhere and doesn't whiff or look too stiff if tracking a ball carrier. He also doesn't look lost playing in space when he did drop into coverage a few times.

I suspect he will test fairly well, he looks explosive on tape. His COD drills may not be pretty, but I bet he tops 35" in his vert, maybe closes-in on 40" and excels in the broad jump as well.

I feel like he's going to jump a lot of the more refined guys in the off-season, after the combine I bet his stock jumps from what folks think right now. I bet he doesn't make it out of the top 10 ultimately...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTr5h0wDnQA

Round 2 - TRADE-UP - 3rd and 4th to late 2nd - Antonio Calloway, WR, Florida

This guy just absolutely jumps out. Some (what I consider relatively minor) off-the-field issues, but has elite ability. Looks to be a decent WR class, so he may fall some with his issues, but he becomes a bonafide #2 opposite Adams. Silky smooth, quick to get up to speed, has elite returner potential as well. Really high on this guy. I'm stealing the Sterling Sharpe comparison from another poster in the draft forum. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNcuxLvpI-k

Round 3 - Compensatory - J.C. Jackson, CB, Maryland

I don't know much about him other than he's a skilled guy with some more off-the-field issues (that were ultimately cleared) and if he's grown up, he's a good type to take a flier on w/ a compensatory selection.

Rounds 5-7 - I dunno yet, I gotta watch more people dudes.

Core Offense

QB - Rodgers

RB - Jones // Williams // Monty // Rip

TE - Dickson // Kendricks

WR - Adams // Calloway // Nelson // Allison

OL - Bakhtiari // Taylor // Linsley // Norwell // Bulaga // Spriggs // McCray

Core Defense

DL - Daniels // Clark // Irving // Adams // Lowry

LB - Perry // Matthews // Davenport // Martinez // Ryan // Biegel 

DB - HHCD // Brice // King // House // Randall // Melvin // Jackson  // Jones // Whitehead

Just don't let Calloway return punts..he makes Davis look like a golden god at fair catching.

We sort of have a history with a couple guys we signed who played really well against us but weren't high tier players. Irving has certainly done that. 

I have to imagine Calloway is going to drop his stock by a round the second he starts interviewing with people, but you're right he's a talented guy.

It will be interesting to see what Norwell gets paid. If TT isn't willing to pay top tier OL money to Guards, it might not be plausible.

6 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I have to imagine Calloway is going to drop his stock by a round the second he starts interviewing with people, but you're right he's a talented guy.

It will be interesting to see what Norwell gets paid. If TT isn't willing to pay top tier OL money to Guards, it might not be plausible.

He's a ******. I think most every gators fan I know hates him, that's how it feels.

27 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

Just don't let Calloway return punts..he makes Davis look like a golden god at fair catching.

We sort of have a history with a couple guys we signed who played really well against us but weren't high tier players. Irving has certainly done that. 

i'm also slightly interested in barkevious mingo. He almost looks like he might be putting it together finally now...

23 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

how did Lang and Sitton's 2nd deals look in GB? I wonder if TT is more willing to pay 26 year guards rather than 30 year old guards.

13 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

how did Lang and Sitton's 2nd deals look in GB? I wonder if TT is more willing to pay 26 year guards rather than 30 year old guards.

Probably, it will be interesting to see what the outcome looks like. I still think the most likely outcome is drafting somebody in the 4th round and bringing Evans back for another year.

26 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

i'm also slightly interested in barkevious mingo. He almost looks like he might be putting it together finally now...

Always a talent..legit had to Google what team he was on haha

Thanks for posting. The first mock of the year is a special time.

I'm curious about Ed Dickson. What do you get with him that you don't already have with RichRod and Kendricks?

Dickson (30 years old) - 176 catches, 1963 yards, 11.2 avg. 12 TDs

RichRod (25 years old)- 120 catches, 1166 yds, 9.7 avg., 13 TDs

Kendricks (29 years old)- 222 catches, 2335 yds, 10. avg., 18 TDs

I would agree that all of them are meh players, so why let RichRod walk to replace him with an older version of himself?

Love the Irving FA signing. Good on Davenport.. and as much as I love Calloway as a player, everything I have seen is that he is a serious problem. Don't need any one of those guys. I'm completely in the camp that we shouldn't be shying away from talent due to minor character concerns but when a guy has more red flags then check marks, I'm gonna have to pass. 

Everything else is just kind of meh to me. Just improve on what we have. Can't have any 2 or 3 year projects in the first 3 rounds this year.

50 minutes ago, pgwingman said:

Thanks for posting. The first mock of the year is a special time.

I'm curious about Ed Dickson. What do you get with him that you don't already have with RichRod and Kendricks?

Dickson (30 years old) - 176 catches, 1963 yards, 11.2 avg. 12 TDs

RichRod (25 years old)- 120 catches, 1166 yds, 9.7 avg., 13 TDs

Kendricks (29 years old)- 222 catches, 2335 yds, 10. avg., 18 TDs

I would agree that all of them are meh players, so why let RichRod walk to replace him with an older version of himself?

He seems like a guy who has more ability than those two (significantly so in the case of RR) but hasn't put it all together yet. He can stretch the seam, is fluid, has speed at position and, at worst, is a huge receiving upgrade over RR. Having he and Kendricks could open up some nice options IMO.

25 minutes ago, packerrfan74 said:

Love the Irving FA signing. Good on Davenport.. and as much as I love Calloway as a player, everything I have seen is that he is a serious problem. Don't need any one of those guys. I'm completely in the camp that we shouldn't be shying away from talent due to minor character concerns but when a guy has more red flags then check marks, I'm gonna have to pass. 

Everything else is just kind of meh to me. Just improve on what we have. Can't have any 2 or 3 year projects in the first 3 rounds this year.

I can already here ToT over Calloway lol

25 minutes ago, packerrfan74 said:

I'm just salivating at the thought of Rodgers having Callaway the player. I just *assume* he will put it together since I'll never know what he's like a person. Makes it more fun to hope for :)

Archived