Week 17: Arizona Cardinals vs Seattle Seahawks

showtime

RtnvKFu.jpg

I'll start this with a post I made in NFL General:  Five of the six NFC playoff seeds have been claimed.  The final spot is up for grabs with two teams vying for it - the Atlanta Falcons and the Seattle Seahawks.  Both teams are currently 9-6, but the Falcons have the tie breaker due to beating the Seahawks earlier in the season in their head-to-head match-up.  The Falcons last game is at home vs the Carolina Panthers at 4:25pm est next Sunday.  The Panthers are currently tied with the Saints atop the NFC South with an 11-4 record.  There is still a chance the Panthers can win the division with a win and a Saints loss, so there is incentive for them to go full speed vs the Falcons.  The Seahawks play the Cardinals at home at 4:25pm est next Sunday.  The Cardinals have been eliminated from playoff contention, so they have no incentive to win as far as that is concerned.  The Cardinals incentive to win would be to help put the Seahawks out of the postseason. 

The Falcons game was moved to 4:25pm est, the game was initially scheduled to be at 1:00pm est.  I'm not sure why that game was changed, but it means that both the Falcons and Seahawks play at the same time.  The Saints are also playing at that time vs the Buccaneers.  Needless to say, there will be a lot of scoreboard watching between all of these teams.

No matter what happens, this is our last regular season thread for this year!

@animaltested @Zman724 @brazilianguy @Sacks98 @RandomCampBody @ThirtyOne-EightyNine @Fidgit @Meeker @imani @Tatupu_64

Archived