Which Player Would Command The Highest Transfer Fee

TomRalph

Could be an interesting topic of discussion (or perhaps not) but who do you think would command the biggest transfer fee at the moment?

With Ronaldo and Messi both the wrong side of 30 I think the obvious answer would be Neymar still, but if that is too obvious, let's throw around some other players like Harry Kane, Paolo Dybala and Eden Hazard. What fee would their teams need to receive in order to part way with their prized assets. 

It is 100% Kane at the moment. He doesn't want to leave which makes him priceless to Tottenham.

Outside of him, I would think that De Bruyne would command a massive fee especially if he signs the new contract that has been rumoured. M'Bappe would also go for a lot considering he just joined PSG and they have a lot of cash. 

Kane doesn't want to leave at the moment so I don't think there's any price that would compel Spurs to sell. I think especially with Spurs opening the new stadium next year that's not likely to change next summer... but if Spurs don't push on and win trophies in the next 2 seasons, I do think he'd consider a move at that point in 2019 and if he does push for a transfer, I think he'll end up breaking the transfer fee record with any/all of Real Madrid, Barca, Man United, and Man City all potentially getting into an insane bidding war for him. 

1 hour ago, Hunter2_1 said:

There will surely come a day when Kane wants to move? Leavy pays his players peanuts compared to other top clubs that Kane is attracting. I know he's pretty humble and everything, but I've seen them crack before.

We will see if the wage structure will change once the stadium opens up. It pretty much has to.

21 minutes ago, rcon14 said:

I truly don't understand why Kane wants to stay. Levy doesn't pay the players anything near what they're worth. Kane could be a top 10 earner in the world, so I don't know why he would stay at Tottenham.

Because he's been there since he was a kid, earned his break into the first team and it's his hometown team. Spurs are still on the up and there is plenty of talent in the squad and in Pochettino, is it really baffling to understand why he'd want to give it chance before going somewhere else? Not to mention he's only 24, he's got time. 

Just now, LeeEvans said:

Because he's been there since he was a kid, earned his break into the first team and it's his hometown team. Spurs are still on the up and there is plenty of talent in the squad and in Pochettino, is it really baffling to understand why he'd want to give it chance before going somewhere else? Not to mention he's only 24, he's got time. 

I guess, but a debilitating injury is always right around the corner. I'm definitely Team Get Paid, but I understand the sentimentality of Kane's position. I guess I just couldn't pass up a potential 2-3x wage increase.

3 minutes ago, rcon14 said:

I guess, but a debilitating injury is always right around the corner. I'm definitely Team Get Paid, but I understand the sentimentality of Kane's position. I guess I just couldn't pass up a potential 2-3x wage increase.

Yeah I definitely get that side of it and I'm probably on team get paid too but he's in a perfect spot right now and is about to open a brand new stadium as the face of his hometown club. If Spurs are still slugging it out for a CL spot in a couple years I think he'll move on but he just doesn't seem in a rush and it's not like he is in desperate need for the pay raise. Each player is different and it seems he's happy with what he has, at least for the time being. 

On 12/28/2017 at 2:27 PM, texans_uk said:

I think Kane, with his age, consistency and the fact Spurs don't have to sell, would set a new record. 

Hazard would only leave if Chelsea wanted to sell so I don't think they would command such a high fee. 

I'm pretty sure if Hazard wants to go to Madrid we'll let him go and we'll definitely make them pay market value for him.

On 31/12/2017 at 9:00 PM, rcon14 said:

Call me an idealist, but i'm 'team loyalty' or whatever. There's more to it than just money, which he'll get plenty of even at Spurs.

Archived