Week 17 GDT - Season almost over!

ET80

At 3:00 on Sunday, this nightmare ends. I don't even know who we're playing. Colts, right? 

Here are a few things to watch for:

- Does DeAndre Hopkins get to 100 receptions?

- Does Jadevion Clowney get to 10 sacks?

- How many yards does TY Hilton get? 200? 300? 400?

- Can Lamar Miller finally get over 100 yards rushing? (He hasn't had a 100+ all season long...)

Discuss.

I really want to lose this game. Its possible for our pick to be as low as #3.....which would give the browns 4 picks in the top 35.....good for them....but it also means we get the 3rd pick in the 3rd round, which can easily get us into the 2nd round if we want to trade up...and we could potentially use next years 1st and two 3rds to get into the end of the 1st round if we feel like there is a LT worth it. I would be willing to trade next years 1st to protect Deshaun Watson for the next 10 years. Especially since we have two 2nd rounders in 2019. 

IDK if anyone uses the trade value chart or not, but according to last years chart, if we traded a 2019 1st rounder, it would be with a mid 2nd round pick so roughly 400 points. the 3rd pick in round 3 is worth 255 and the 3rd rounder we get from seattle is going to be worth probably about 150, maybe more if they miss the playoffs. Thats a trade value we have of around 800 points, which is actually worth the 21st overall pick. and we should still get a 3rd round comp pick. 

so we could swing a deal to get back into the draft around pick 25-28 if we needed to. 

That would get us in the range of a tackle like Martinas Rankin or Orlando Brown. 

plus if we win sunday we play a 3rd place schedule instead of a 4th place one. It really only changes 2 games. 4th place gets us the Browns and Broncos, 3rd place gets us the Bengals and Raiders.

The Raiders have a chance to make a quick turn around, but the Browns and Broncos will both probably be starting rookie QBs. 

also, i wonder how high Lamar Jackson will go or if he even leaves school this year. he might as well go back for his senior year and try and become a 3 time heisman finalist and two time winner.....but if was to drop to the bottom of the 3rd, I would totally take him. develop him for 2 years as a back up and then trade him if he develops. if not at least we have a guy behind watson that can run the system. 

also, has anyone noticed how much BOB seems to be setting himself up as a guy who wont ever quit? He keeps talking about how he will play without an extension and will never quit....seems like he knows he doesnt have leverage to get an extension and is playing his cards so that future teams dont question whether he quit on the Texans. 

since there is no Hopkins, if Fuller can get to 230 yards sunday, he would pass last years total. I really dont think we have it in us to even pass for 230 yards, but also if Fuller can grab 3 Tds, he would get to 10 for the season. That would be impressive for a guy that missed 6 games

He seems like hes been a disappointment, but hes over 1,000 yards for his career after 2 years. Thats not great, but its not bust either. I expect that a 16 game season from him, hopkins and Watson and fuller will be a 1,000 yard guy...our 1st 1000 yard duo in history.

Also idk why, but it feels like Braxton Miller has been around forever, and hes just in his 2nd year. He has actually improved his numbers from last year, even though they barely exist. I am cool with him staying with the team. Hes on a super cheap rookie deal.

I like the potential of Hopkins/Fuller/Ellington/Miller if they can all stay healthy with a healthy Watson.

Radio: SportsRadio610 (610 AM, 100.3 FM)
Marc Vandermeer Play-By-Play, Andre Ware Color Analyst, John Harris Sideline

Television: CBS
17-CBS-E-V3.png

Anchorage AK | Fairbanks AK | Honolulu HI (red)

NY Jets @ New England Jim Nantz, Tony Romo (red)

Cleveland @ Pittsburgh Spero Dedes, Adam Archuleta (blue)
Houston @ Indianapolis Tom McCarthy, Steve Beuerlein, Steve Tasker (green)

Preview:

Flip Card: PDF

Officiating Crew: Gene Steratore

Uniform Combination: White Jerseys/Blue Pants

Go Texans!

Archived