2015 WR Draft Class: Worst since..?

cddolphin

Jaelen Strong was a massive bust for Houston. Lazy, out of shape, slow, didn't run good routes, complained about PT - he was good at jump balls, that's it.

Keith Mumphrey was a solid ST gunner, but that's it. He was cut after sexual assault allegations at MSU became public knowledge, so good riddance. 

I really believe Amari Cooper would be a top ten WR if he didn't play for the Raiders. He has his drop issues, but the Raiders really make no effort to get him the ball.

Carr and Cooper have very little chemistry whatsoever despite playing three years together, and Raiders have an incompetent staff that doesn't make it a priority to get the ball in his hands or to move Amari around the formation.

Really, the one time this year that we saw Amari play a lot in the slot, he destroyed the Chiefs for 200+ yards.

1 minute ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

I really believe Amari Cooper would be a top ten WR if he didn't play for the Raiders. He has his drop issues, but the Raiders really make no effort to get him the ball.

Carr and Cooper have very little chemistry whatsoever despite playing three years together, and Raiders have an incompetent staff that doesn't make it a priority to get the ball in his hands or to move Amari around the formation.

Really, the one time this year that we saw Amari play a lot in the slot, he destroyed the Chiefs for 200+ yards.

Incompetent coaching hurts much more than incompetent players. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/8/2018 at 10:08 AM, Uncle Buck said:

What happened with Dorial Green-Beckham?  I thought he was an interesting prospect leading up to the draft.

Think the Titans traded him to Philly, and he flunked out. Guy coasted by on some physical skills, but was lazy and wasn't really talented when compared to the speed of the pros.

Yet another size/speed prospect that failed out. You'd think teams would learn after guys like Ramses Barden, Dwayne Jarrett or Jon Baldwin - these towering WRs don't really pan out if ALL they have is size and speed...

I would give it one more year.  Lets see if Kevin White can stay healthy.  Amari Cooper's performance last season seems uncharacteristic for him.  The Raiders were disappointing in general last year, lets see what they do this season.  Agholor and Adams seem like they're going to be good players for a long time.

On 12/30/2017 at 11:54 PM, SilverNBlackFan said:

Hopefully for Raiders fans, Gruden will get Carr and Cooper playing together and up to both of their potential.  In fact, with Gruden's help, Carr's ceiling should be almost as high as Teddy Bridgewater's before too long.   ;)

Archived