Week 17 GDT(Win and In Edition): Jaguars(10-5) vs Titans(8-7)

TitanSlim

I guess I should expand on my thoughts for this game. I'm legitimately split on my feelings for this game.

If a lost guarantees that we get a new coach and coaching staff, then parts of me wants a lost.

However, I truly would love our veteran players to finally be able to taste the playoffs. It'd be a nice experience for our younger players too. Also, the Jags talk so much(which parts of me actually likes) that shutting them up is always nice.

If we do lose and miss the playoffs, I just want us to be quick with the decision on Mularkey and company with whether we're keeping them or not.

The Titans offense blows but I really think the Titans can beat the Jags twice in 2 weeks. They really have no WRs Bortles is starting to come back down to earth. 

Even though we will lose if they come up here to NE in the 2nd round I will go to the game and be proud of the team if they get that far.

With that said changes need to be made to the offense next year but for now I’ll root for the team to win a few games here and see what happens

The thing that is most frustrating about this team is we CAN beat any team that will make the playoffs....and we CAN lose to the Jags if they rest all of their main players!!

I'm torn, because if we beat the Jags...especially if their starters play quite a bit...I think we would have a mental advantage in the WC game. If we were to win that game(getting way out over my skis I realize) we will no doubt be stuck with not only Mularkey but possibly Robiskie??? That would be devastating to Marcus' development and our team for that matter.

Bottom line is I can't ever root against us winning with the chance to extend our season even one game...especially when a loss comes with no guarantee of a coaching change.

My prediction is, as usual, we come up small...possible second half come back against their back-ups.

Titans Defense wasn’t bad last either. Rams had the right call on at the right time on Gurleys long TD. And Ryan will be back and hopefully more Ty Smith over McCain (never in my life thought I’d rather see Ty Smith over anyone) because McCain was the one giving up the catches to Kupp. Our run defense should be able to contain Fournette so the Titans will be in this game.

The obvious X Factor is Mariota. If he’s on then we will be ok but if he’s turning the ball over we are screwed. Decker has been quietly productive as of late just still no targets in the Red Zone and Corey Davis probably had his 2nd best game of the season last week so Mariota has guys that he can rely on just needs to give them a chance 

34 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

Titans Defense wasn’t bad last either. Rams had the right call on at the right time on Gurleys long TD. And Ryan will be back and hopefully more Ty Smith over McCain (never in my life thought I’d rather see Ty Smith over anyone) because McCain was the one giving up the catches to Kupp. Our run defense should be able to contain Fournette so the Titans will be in this game.

The obvious X Factor is Mariota. If he’s on then we will be ok but if he’s turning the ball over we are screwed. Decker has been quietly productive as of late just still no targets in the Red Zone and Corey Davis probably had his 2nd best game of the season last week so Mariota has guys that he can rely on just needs to give them a chance 

We match up well to them. 
To me it's a matter of who wants it more.

Last year, they wanted it more,when we were down there.  That game wasn't out of control until Marcus went out.
That's the only game in the last few meetings where they won by a convincing margin.  

If they come out ready to play, which they should, we should have a good game on our hands. 

You know what is so pathetic about Mularkey....and further evidence that he is out of touch with the game? Everyone can see that a healthy Murray is slow and only can gain yards through a gaping hole...one that any NFL RB can run through, everyone except Mularkey that is!!! We all can see that he will not be 100% but he is either considering playing him at less than 100% or he thinks that the idea he might play is even concerning to the Jags.

He is so delusional about Murray. Either 1) He actually believes that a 75% Murray is so impactful that he would consider playing him Sunday, or 2) He thinks that Murray is still so effective that the Jags are actually concerned that he might play. 

Archived