Week 17 GDT(Win and In Edition): Jaguars(10-5) vs Titans(8-7)

TitanSlim

10 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Yes, you can absolutely blame them. We're not the Patriots, obviously, but is that the lesson here? That the city will only show up if we're truly an elite football team? It's the most important football game played in the city in almost a decade, tickets aren't that expensive, I expect them to show up. I don't care that we've lost three straight. I don't care that we're just trying to squeak into the playoffs. How many years has it been since we entered Week 17 with a win and you're in situation? 

The organization has gone out of its way to embrace the city in every way possible the last couple years. If the response from the city is that we'll only show up for 10+ win teams, and we don't care that it's the most important home game in nine years, we're still going to sell our tickets to Jags fans because it's kind of cold and we'd rather watch on TV than show up and support the team, I don't even know what to say.

it has nothing to do with being elite and everything to do with being boring as hell and losing every meaningful game without exception. if even one of those things were not true, you'd see a difference.

Just now, -Hope- said:

it has nothing to do with being elite and everything to do with being boring as hell and losing every meaningful game without exception. if even one of those things were not true, you'd see a difference.

What's our home record again this year? We've won a MNF game against a team that we never beat. At home. We beat one of the best teams of the last five years. At home. We beat a playoff team that has gotten hot immediately after losing to us. At home. This team has put on some pretty damn good performances in Nashville this year, and have had to do it to thousands of empty seats and visiting fans.

1 minute ago, -Hope- said:

like, sorry i'm not as pure of a fan i guess, but you wanna convince me to drop a bunch of cash and freeze for 3 hours to watch this team? no thanks.

A bunch of cash? You could have gotten a ticket for $40 and the city has free trains that take you directly to the stadium. You could go to this game for the same price as grabbing food and a couple drinks while watching at a bar.

Archived