Week 17 GDT(Win and In Edition): Jaguars(10-5) vs Titans(8-7)

TitanSlim

5 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

I think we will know right away how locked in our guys are going to be for this one. Mularkey's standing with the team or not. It's gameday...you'd hope they're prepping rather than reading tweets.

Players are on their phones leading up to the game, and if ownership was around they wouldn't even need twitter to know what's going on.

Certainly hope regardless of Mularkey's status they're focused.

5 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

No, no we haven't. This is essentially a playoff game, if the city can't show up today, I have zero confidence they ever will.

the fans see a mediocre, uninspiring team that might squeak into the playoffs based on an incredibly easy schedule. can't blame em.

7 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

No, no we haven't. This is essentially a playoff game, if the city can't show up today, I have zero confidence they ever will.

I get what hope is saying feel him out, you want fans to spend their hard earn money on tickets, parking, & food, in frigid temperatures, when they can watch it at home in front of their HD flat screen TV. If the titans wasn’t so boring & were consistent then you have an argument to get fans to come out & support & freeze wit pride 

5 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

the fans see a mediocre, uninspiring team that might squeak into the playoffs based on an incredibly easy schedule. can't blame em.

that's overestimating how much your average fan/game-goer knows about a team or pays attention

your average game-goer of a pro team couldn't name all 5 OLmen, let alone whether or not the team has had an easy schedule

edit -- but I wish we had a more dedicated...or even ATTACHED...fan base. it sucks, but I can't blame people for staying home. As a die hard, I'd be angry giving the team money right now after the past 3 weeks

1 minute ago, deeluxx3 said:

that's overestimating how much your average fan/game-goer knows about a team or pays attention

your average game-goer of a pro team couldn't name all 5 OLmen, let alone whether or not the team has had an easy schedule

fair enough, but i guess what i was getting at is more what @TitanRedd said. you look at the titans and you see a boring team that isn't very good.

10 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

Yes, you can absolutely blame them. We're not the Patriots, obviously, but is that the lesson here? That the city will only show up if we're truly an elite football team? It's the most important football game played in the city in almost a decade, tickets aren't that expensive, I expect them to show up. I don't care that we've lost three straight. I don't care that we're just trying to squeak into the playoffs. How many years has it been since we entered Week 17 with a win and you're in situation? 

The organization has gone out of its way to embrace the city in every way possible the last couple years. If the response from the city is that we'll only show up for 10+ win teams, and we don't care that it's the most important home game in nine years, we're still going to sell our tickets to Jags fans because it's kind of cold and we'd rather watch on TV than show up and support the team, I don't even know what to say.

5 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

fair enough, but i guess what i was getting at is more what @TitanRedd said. you look at the titans and you see a boring team that isn't very good.

Adding to that, isn’t worth me spending hard earn money on tickets, parking, food then I have to sit for 3 hrs in the cold & it’s below freezing. I can stay at home & be a fan with a better view from my TV, im warm & it cost me nothing. If you want fans to be die hard supporters bring some excitement to the field, so they’ll feel they’re apart of something making history. 

1 minute ago, titans0021 said:

Yes, you can absolutely blame them. We're not the Patriots, obviously, but is that the lesson here? That the city will only show up if we're truly an elite football team? It's the most important football game played in the city in almost a decade, tickets aren't that expensive, I expect them to show up. I don't care that we've lost three straight. I don't care that we're just trying to squeak into the playoffs. How many years has it been since we entered Week 17 with a win and you're in situation? 

The organization has gone out of its way to embrace the city in every way possible the last couple years. If the response from the city is that we'll only show up for 10+ win teams, and we don't care that it's the most important home game in nine years, we're still going to sell our tickets to Jags fans because it's kind of cold and we'd rather watch on TV than show up and support the team, I don't even know what to say.

I understand how you feel but that’s how it’s gone be until the titans figure it out 

Just now, TitanRedd said:

I understand how you feel but that’s how it’s gone be until the titans figure it out 

Oh, I absolutely know that is how it goes. It's just sad and a little disappointing. Part of it is almost certainly because I come from arguably the biggest football city in the country. But I don't know. The frustration is understandable, but I'm not actually sure it's frustration that is leading to empty seats as much as it's pure indifference. When I go to Nashville, I feel like I could spend a week there and not even know the city had a professional football team. I don't know. I'm just not sure that, short of going on a Patriots like run, that the city will ever fully embrace the franchise. 

But hey, hopefully I'm wrong. Hopefully it's a big crowd that is loud as hell today and I can come back and call out my own posts as nonsense.

Archived