Randy Gregory

CAPJ

• 1 month later...

I remember talking with Broaddus a couple weeks ago on Twitter. He was telling me to not rule out RG as a major player for our Defense this year. I was like there is no way he would be back. He was like According to his sources within organization, BB was very adamant that RG was in our plans this year. 

If I’m not mistaken, Josh Gordon’s last infraction came early in the 2015 offseason for drinking alcohol on a flight. He didn’t play again until Week 13 of last year.

We can only hope Randy has gotten his life together and is ready to come back and try to help this team, but even if that’s true, we know the commissioner is not above dragging his feet. Throw in his beef with Jerry and it’s a wrap.

6 minutes ago, flyingmonkey30 said:

It would be pretty absurd if the Cowboys waited this long on RG and not welcome him back at that price. Though I'm not sure I agree with the way the writer translated Stephen's comment

"We have to move forward as if Randy will not be here. If he is here, obviously it’s a big deal.”

-SJ

Not sure how SJ means anything other than RG being a HUGE addition if he is available.

13 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

"We have to move forward as if Randy will not be here. If he is here, obviously it’s a big deal.”

-SJ

Not sure how SJ means anything other than RG being a HUGE addition if he is available.

Right, that's what I'm saying. But the article seems to insinuate they don't want him back. I don't buy that.

2 minutes ago, flyingmonkey30 said:

Right, that's what I'm saying. But the article seems to insinuate they don't want him back. I don't buy that.

There is a reason he hasn’t been cut from the roster yet. We could have cut him last year or the year before. Instead they have just placed him on the commissioners exempt list/suspended. But we’ve held onto his rights for a reason

Just now, textaz03 said:

There is a reason he hasn’t been cut from the roster yet. We could have cut him last year or the year before. Instead they have just placed him on the commissioners exempt list/suspended. But we’ve held onto his rights for a reason

Right, exactly. Now having said that, I agree that it is smart to assume he could mess up again. Prepare as if you won't have him, but if you do, whew.

I thought I heard/read somewhere that Gregory had been working out during this time. I would imagine he has been, especially if reinstatement has been a goal for him. 

If so, we've seen how he can perform even after some time away. Getting him back at even 50% would be huge for this DL, especially when paired with Irving and Tank. 

Archived