Randy Gregory

CAPJ

7 hours ago, Desperado82 said:

Maybe we do end up targeting DE in the 1st again? 

Possibly. I think the team will target LB or OL though. We shall see. I wouldn't mind either though tbh. Given the way the Cowboys have drafted OL in the first round, I'd totally be fine with that. Plus they have done well with 2nd round LBs too.

20 hours ago, the lone star said:

Possibly. I think the team will target LB or OL though. We shall see. I wouldn't mind either though tbh. Given the way the Cowboys have drafted OL in the first round, I'd totally be fine with that. Plus they have done well with 2nd round LBs too.

If they had truly done well, we wouldn't be searching for another.

You can't deny Sean Lee's talent, but neither he or Smith can be depended on. So I understand, but with an All pro at Will and a #34 overall pick at Mike, in a 2 LB system, we shouldn't be clamouring for a LB. But we are, and we should be. That doesn't come from doing well.

Hitchens was a 4th round pick and I hope the team realizes that a guy like Jewell, or Flowers, or Skai Moore could be had later, and should fill in fine. No need to blow a top pick on a guy who will be fight for snaps with Lee and Smith. Round 4-7? Sure, get 2 if you want.

3 hours ago, DaBoys said:

Hitchens was a 4th round pick and I hope the team realizes that a guy like Jewell, or Flowers, or Skai Moore could be had later, and should fill in fine. No need to blow a top pick on a guy who will be fight for snaps with Lee and Smith. Round 4-7? Sure, get 2 if you want.

I don't disagree but if Roquan Smith is there at 19 I think he would represent value and need.   I'd pull the trigger.

On 1/14/2018 at 3:12 PM, DaBoys said:

If they had truly done well, we wouldn't be searching for another.

You can't deny Sean Lee's talent, but neither he or Smith can be depended on. So I understand, but with an All pro at Will and a #34 overall pick at Mike, in a 2 LB system, we shouldn't be clamouring for a LB. But we are, and we should be. That doesn't come from doing well.

I was talking historically. Burnett was a good pick, or at least I thought so. But there isn't a huge sample size to pick from. Sean Lee, Jaylon, Burnett, and Gregory. 

With that said, I think the team needs to rethink their defensive philosophy and consider more 3 LB sets.

On 1/14/2018 at 3:16 PM, DaBoys said:

Hopefully Smith improves next season.

On 1/13/2018 at 8:02 PM, the lone star said:

If this team targets anything, it will be a complete bust and a failure of a draft.

They cannot afford to target by position.

They need to draft the single best football player they can. No.freak athletes, no potential heavy talents, no "we must have a -insert position- early", just get the best damn football player you can and worry about where he plays later.

This team has too little depth, too many holes, and too many questions to target anything other than the single.best.player they can regardless of position. Other than Qb, Rb, no position such be ruled out of round 1.

2 minutes ago, Dallas94Ware said:

If this team targets anything, it will be a complete bust and a failure of a draft.

They cannot afford to target by position.

They need to draft the single best football player they can. No.freak athletes, no potential heavy talents, no "we must have a -insert position- early", just get the best damn football player you can and worry about where he plays later.

This team has too little depth, too many holes, and too many questions to target anything other than the single.best.player they can regardless of position. Other than Qb, Rb, no position such be ruled out of round 1.

Yes and No. Keep in mind players often have similar grades at different positions. It's balance of both.

#ISTILLWANTMYWR 

Archived