Your Team's 2017 Regular Season Report Card

Hunter2_1

Individuals

Your MVP- Ezekiel Elliott

Your best 3 players this season- DeMarcus Lawrence, Zack Martin, Travis Frederick

Newcomer of the season- Chidobe Awuzie or Jourdan Lewis, I guess

OPOY- Elliott (even in only 10 games)

DPOY- DeMarcus Lawrence

Coach of the year- Matt Eberflus?  Not giving it to the HC or either coordinator

Team

Grade Weeks 1-4- C+, strong wins against the Giants and Cardinals balanced out by an embarrassing loss to Denver and an absolute choke against the Rams

Grade Weeks 5-9- B, big wins against Washington, SF, and KC, but the loss to GB where we let Aaron Rodgers drive for the game winning TD in 1 minute.  The most regrettable loss of the season.  

Grade Weeks 10-13- F, The start of Ezekiel Elliott's suspension.  Also lost Sean Lee for 3 games and Tyron Smith for 2 games.  Got thoroughly embarrassed in 3 of the 4 games.  The beginning of the end.

Grade Weeks 14-17- C, beat the lowly Giants and scrapped an ugly win against a below average Raiders team.  Lost to Seattle in an elimination match rendering the last game of the year meaningless.

Overall Season Grade- C-, far below expectations, very disappointing and showed a lot of weakness without one superstar RB (and LB if you count Sean Lee and his impact on defense)

Best Unit- OL, as expected

Best 3 Performances- KC as it was our only win against a team with a winning record, guess the other 2 would be victories over Washington since it seems cheap to celebrate wins against the Giants when they are as awful as they have been.  Yeah, it was that kind of year.

Worst 3 Performances- Atlanta, Denver, Philadelphia

Most Enjoyable Win- *shrug* divisonal wins, I suppose

Worst Loss- Green Bay (Rodgers again, ugh)

What Three Things Have Defined Your Season- Zeke's suspension, injuries to Sean Lee and Tyron Smith, regression of Dak Prescott (and the coaching staff's inability to adjust to all three)

How Confident Are You Heading Into The Post Season/Next Season? (1-5)- 2 in our current staff is back

What Would You Like Your Team to Address in The Off-Season?- new coaching staff, speed at the WR position, an heir to Jason Witten, more depth along the DL

Rest of The League

Who is your NFL MVP for 2017- Tom Brady

Which team (other than your own) impressed you the most?- The Rams

The player you would take for your own team (just one)- Healthy Aaron Rodgers

14 hours ago, marshawn lynch said:

Worst 3 Performances

These games all happened back to back to back

Jets

Saints

Chargers

638 yards given up on the ground and 11 TDs on ground allowed in that 3 week span. Worst run defense performance I've ever seen. Teams averaged 212 yards rushing and almost 4 TDs  rushing a game on us.

Wow, that's bad.

Individuals

Your MVP

Most valuable is going to be Matt Ryan. He hasn't been playing great but a decent portion of that has been bad luck. Out of his 12 INT's I think around 3 or 4 have been really his fault. Also having the second most drops in the league from his recievers really hasn't helped him this year. 

Your best 3 players this season

Matt Ryan, Julio Jones, Alex Mack

Newcomer of the season

Dontari Poe was a pretty decent FA pickup. 
Takk McKinley is looking like the real deal when we're talking about rookies.

OPOY

Julio Jones

DPOY

Hard one. Either Keanu Neal or Deion Jones. Going to go with Jones I think.

Coach of the year

The Athletics staff. Haven't had any major injuries.

Team

Grade Weeks 1-4 

B+. Season started pretty good. Beating GB was nice, games against Chicago and Detroit were a lot closer then they should have been though. The loss against the Bills was stupid and needless. 

Grade Weeks 5-9 

F. A team this talented shouldn't have lost against Miami and Carolina at home nor make the Jets game such a close affair. I saw the loss against New England coming but it was still upsetting to be blown out this badly. 

Grade Weeks 10-13 

C+. It was nice beating the injury ravaged Seahawks and Dallas. The win against the Bucs was kind of expected but still nice. Not that suprising to lose against the Vikings but would have been nice if the team didn't feel that powerless.

Grade Weeks 14-17 

C. Always nice to beat the Saints, always horrible to lose against them. Beating the Bucs was kind of expected but not that it would be this close of a game.

Overall Season Grade

C. It's been a depressingly average season. This team is way to talented to be this inconsistent with their execution. 

Best Unit

The defense seems to have improved compared to last year. Offense just isn't clicking even if they have the better talent.

Best 3 Performances

vs Green bay, at Seahawks, vs Saints 

Worst 3 Performances

at Saints, at New England, vs Miami

Most Enjoyable Win

vs Saints

Worst Loss

at Saints

What Three Things Have Defined Your Season

Dropped passes often leading to interceptions, sloppy execution and dumb penalties killing drives and good plays

How Confident Are You Heading Into The Post Season/Next Season? (1-5)

Post season a 2. If the offense can start executing again this team could be a real dark horse. 

Next season a 4. Shanny wasn't the greatest OC in his first year here, I'm hoping Sark will be able to improve. 

What Would You Like Your Team to Address in The Off-Season?

Get an extra guard for the Oline, a WR to compete with Sanu for the #2 spot and maybe a CB to push Trufant, Alford and Poole. Before I forget; a proper FB. Derrick Coleman has been horrid so far this year. 

Rest of The League

Who is your NFL MVP for 2017

Tom Brady has been the best QB so he'll probably win it even if Gurley might be more deserving. Shame about Wentz getting hurt. 

Which team (other than your own) impressed you the most?

Saints have done a good job this improving their team. Vikings are starting to look legit. Jags could be the real deal. I guess the Rams impressed me the most overall. 

The player you would take for your own team (just one)

Gronk would be fun and a nice throwback to the Tony G days but I would prefer Luke Kuechly. Would be amazing to have him, Jones and Campbell as a LB core.

On 12/28/2017 at 11:35 AM, Hunter2_1 said:

A Report Card for 2017's Regular Season

Feel free to keep this on ice until after the final game, but I did this in our forum and wanted to see other teams'.

Individuals

Your MVP

Tom Brady

Brady, Gronk, Cooks

Newcomer of the season

Cooks

OPOY

Yo Soy Fiesta

DPOY

Van Noy (his absence has been noted)

Coach of the year

Patricia (32nd ranked offense to flirting with the top 5)

Team

Grade Weeks 1-4 

B-

Grade Weeks 5-9 

A

Grade Weeks 10-13 

B+

Grade Weeks 14-17 

C

Overall Season Grade

B or B+

Best Unit

Running Back Corp

Best 3 Performances

vs Atlanta

vs Broncos

vs Raiders

Worst 3 Performances

vs Miami (you know which one)

vs Cheifs

vs Panthers

Most Enjoyable Win

vs Pittsburgh

Worst Loss

vs Carolina because it proves Cam's team and running QB's are still an issue we haven't figured out

1. Hightower going down completely changed our defense.

2. Edelman going down completely changed our offense. 

3. Brady having one of his best overall years is carrying a much weaker team.

5. Pittsburgh doesn't scare me whatsoever, they had their crack at us on their turf and still couldn't win despite getting a break on blown coverage at the end. The Chiefs have lost their mojo. We were the first victim of Hunt, our defense was crap at that time. We are better now. Jacksonville is the only spoiler I see and I they would need to get to the AFCCG to play us and I have zero belief in Blake Bortles leading a team to the Super Bowl. Also I think the competitive nature of the NFC is overrated. To me everyone else rising because Atlanta slumped, Seattle is injured to hell and is imploding, and Green Bay losing their QB doesn't make anyone there dominant. This is not one of the all time great Patriots teams, but this year they don't need to be.

We should draft a LB and an offensive lineman in the draft. 

Rest of The League

Tom Brady. Clearly. He's easily the best QB, he was carrying a crap defense for the early part of the season, his best WR is out, the team has dealt with injuries, and through excellent play and some clutch end of game drives he has this team in the number 1 seed in the conference.

The Rams. Didn't expect Goff to be this good this fast

Joey Bosa

Individuals

Your MVP

I have to go with Trubisky, he came in and took over and commanded the offense and the players all love him.

Aikem Hicks, Danny Trevathan, and Kyle Fuller/Jordan Howard

Newcomer of the season

Tarik Cohen

OPOY

Jordan Howard

DPOY

Aikem Hicks

Coach of the year

Ed Donatell - what he has done with the DBs this season is incredible.

Team

Grade Weeks 1-4  C-

This was the Bears gauntlet against the Falcons, Packers, Steelers and Tampa(who was still thought to be good at the time). Came out with a win against the Steelers and a dropped pass away from beating the Falcons, the other two games were horrible.  But the Bears showed they could compete.

Grade Weeks 5-9   B

This was against the Vikings, Panthers, Ravens, and Saints.  It was the Bears best sttretch beating both the Panthers and Ravens while playing close games against the Vikings and Saints. These games were real improvement and had a lot of confidence going into the bye week.

Grade Weeks 10-13   F--

These were against the Packers, Lions, Eagles, 49ers.  This is where the team fell apart it was almost like the coaches gave up and didn't even try to game plan after the bye week.  It was this stretch that sealed the fate of the coaching staff.

Grade Weeks 14-17  C

Thses were against Bengals, Lions, and Browns.  For what ever reason this stretch of games the Bears actually started game planning what ever the change was it was too late but it help in the growth of Trubisky which was needed going forward for his career.

Overall Season Grade  C-

Best Unit

RB or DB

Best 3 Performances

Jordan Howard/Tarik Cohen rush for 218 vs Pittsburgh

Jordan Howard/Tarik Cohen rush for 200 vs Baltimore

Eddie Jackson vs Carolina with two 75+ yard TD returns

Worst 3 Performances

Jordan Howard with 7 yards vs Tampa

WRs as a whole every game

Jordan Howard with 6 yards vs Philadelphia

Most Enjoyable Win

I have to go back to the win against Pittsburgh, it was completely unexpected and the defense and  the running game dominated the whole game.

Worst Loss

The second Packers game after the bye week.  It was against an injury riddled Packers team with Hundley starting and coming out of the bye, yet the Bears looked like they were still in the bye week.

Once the Bears put Trubisky in the offense became the most predictable offense with a game plan of run run pass something like 65% of the time.

Getting Trubisky starting instead of Glennon and starting his devolpment.

The running game was good again and the defense improved again until the injuries took its toll.

This one really depends on who the HC is going to be next season, as it stands right now with better coaching I think the Bears could have had a few more wins.  So next season I think they could take a step in the right direction.

A competent HC and staff, WR, and pass rushing threat.

Rest of The League

This is a hard one for me but I went with Todd Gurley.

The NY Jets this team was left for dead with the off season moves they made but after all they had a respectful season, I would also like to mention Jacksonville that defense really turned it up this season.

Von Miller, he is the pass rushing threat across from Floyd that would take to defense to possibly an top 5 unit.

Archived