State of The Browns: One Fans Opinion

TheeRealDeal

11 minutes ago, ohiogenius said:

What if @TheeRealDeal is @Mind Characters other personality. 

MC is afflicted with disassociative  identity disorder and TRD is his alter ego with really bad scouting hot takes

I mean they both have the same posting style and structure to their posts.

Lol.

It actually all makes complete sense, og.

I was driven to madness and went away.

The dissociation also works with my name as the browns fan madness has created 2 of me. The Mind Character and the Real Deal.

Question is who's long posts are more nonquality (Mine hands down) and which personality really has an altar to Hue Jackson in their house and photoshopped pictures of their face next to his with superbowl trophies in the background....we'll never know (mine again).

Question also is if it was another personality would I even know. Either way his long posts are levels that I could only hope to achieve.

But....seriously...if we take Ryan Finley I'll really go crazy

So a few more points...

re: Dorsey, I've been as critical as anyone, but he has a clean slate in my eyes.  I'm not going to write him off before he gets a crack at fixing this roster. My issue with Dorsey isn't with the man himself, but with the entire concept of a "great talent evaluator". IMO such things are no different than reading tea leaves or anything similar, it's nonsense. If someone had a "great eye for talent" they wouldn't be wrong half of the time. I could literally have given my wife Mel Kiper's annual draft guide every year and told her to pick a name and she'd have done as well or better than the "experts" we've had here.  That's why I love Sashi's moneyball approach, it acknowledged that fact and accounted for it by having 50% more picks to find those guys who can play.  

Secondly, for the guys bashing the new guy's take on the QB's, why is he wrong?  Pointing to populous logic is a poor argument.  I'll admit I only watched a few cutups of his, but a lot of what the OP said is true, good mechanics, makes reads, etc.. I wouldn't take him over Darnold, but I do think the kid has some talent. In 2012 there were a number of great QB's who projected high and it would have been easy to dismiss a guy who loved a middling prospect as a goof, but if that prospect were Russell Wilson or Kirk Cousins they wouldn't have been wrong. I can appreciate a fresh take on things as long as someone can defend their stance.

4 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Secondly, for the guys bashing the new guy's take on the QB's, why is he wrong?  Pointing to populous logic is a poor argument.  I'll admit I only watched a few cutups of his, but a lot of what the OP said is true, good mechanics, makes reads, etc.. I wouldn't take him over Darnold, but I do think the kid has some talent. In 2012 there were a number of great QB's who projected high and it would have been easy to dismiss a guy who loved a middling prospect as a goof, but if that prospect were Russell Wilson or Kirk Cousins they wouldn't have been wrong. I can appreciate a fresh take on things as long as someone can defend their stance.

My apologies my post was worded improperly. My only beef with his take was not that Finley is not good, just there’s absolutely no way I take him over Darnold, Rosen or Mayfield. In fact I’d still probably take Allen and Lamar over him. I see Finley as a backup in the nfl. If you need a backup qb this is a really good year to get one. 

And please don’t take offense @TheeRealDeal if we come off as harsh in here. I appreciate new posters as long as you’re not a d-bag like a couple have been. But that’s what’s great about the new block feature. So please keep posting :)

Btw @TheeRealDeal Finley has earned at least a couple more games for me to watch. Time permitting that is. Watched his game vs Clemson and he played pretty well. He still won’t get higher than my top three but he may make it to four. I still think he’ll be at least a back up but I did see potential starter traits in him. I also want to dig deeper into his background. 

Archived