2018 NFL Mock Draft- 2 rounds

DraftPack

1.  Cleveland - Sam Darnold, QB- Darnold makes it through the pre-draft process as the #1 option, though both he and Rosen have expressed concerns about Cleveland.

2.  New York Giants - Josh Rosen, QB- Rosen sits for a year behind Eli Manning.  He gets his wish and avoids the Browns.  His reward is ODBJ and Evan Engram.

3.  Indianapolis - Connor Williams, OT- Williams is as good a pass blocking prospect as I've seen.  He needs to stay healthy, but if he can, he and Haeg are an excellent pair.

4.  Cleveland (HOU) - Saquon Barkley, RB- I would take Minkah Fitzpatrick or Bradley Chubb, but I have the feeling the Browns will create their Dak/Zeke.

5.  Tampa Bay - Bradley Chubb, EDGE- As much as I'd like to fake a scenario in which Chubb makes it to the Packers, it's not a real thing in the real word.  Tampa pairs Chubb on the outside with McCoy on the inside and desperately waits to get something out of Gholston.

6.  Denver - Baker Mayfield, QB- Elway pulls the plug on the Paxton Lynch experience and re-sets the offense before the Miller-Talib-Harris defense ages out or falls apart.

7.  New York Jets - Josh Allen, QB- Allen might not actually be good.  With that said it certainly seems like the Jets would be the franchise to make that mistake.  He'll be excellent in the pre-draft process.

8.  San Francisco - Quenton Nelson, OG - Nelson is one of the best guard prospects in recent years.  The 49ers are in BPA territory after last year's good draft and this year's solid finish to the season.  They're definitely out of the QB market.

9.  Chicago - Minkah Fitzpatrick DB- Fitzpatrick completes Chicago's secondary.  Adrian Amos has been a revelation and Eddie Jackson is a keeper.  As Kyle Fuller develops Minkah provides a superstar presence in the cornerback group with versatility.

10.  Cincinnati - Mike McGlinchey, OT- McGlinchey is an excellent tackle prospect that reminds me a bit of the Andrew Whitworth that the Bengals foolishly let leave.  They need to stabilize that offensive line.  They're talented enough at the skill positions.

11.  Oakland - Derwin James, DB/LB- James should have been a top 5 or 6 pick in this draft but a down 2017 season has hurt his stock.  The pre-draft process will likely be kind to James.  Oakland can use him in concert with Nelson and Joseph as a hybrid linebacker or slot corner.  Reggie Nelson's contract expires after 2018.

12.  Miami- Denzel Ward, CB- Marshon Lattimore's success with the Saints makes the draft world fall in love with Ohio State DBs again.  Eli Apple be damned.

13.  Arizona- Lamar Jackson, QB- The Cardinals can't wait for Carson Palmer to make a decision on 2018 and move forward with Lamar Jackson.  Arians (if he stays) is the kind of progressive coach who'll have an offense that suits Jackson's skills, not the other way around.

14.  Green Bay- Josh Jackson, CB-  it's difficult to pass on an EDGE like Harold Landry or Arden Key here, but ultimately it's the right play.  Green Bay still has Matthews, Perry, Biegel and the promising Reggie Gilbert.  Jackson is CB1 for me and creates a potential strength with Kevin King and Damarious Randall where there was once much weakness.

15.  Washington- Calvin Ridley, WR- Washington is ecstatic to see the top WR on the board available.  Pryor hasn't worked out all that well and Crowder and Reed are more dangerous on the hash marks than they are on the boundary.  

16.  Los Angeles Chargers- Orland Brown-, OL The rebuild of San Diego's offensive line basically comes to a close with the drafting of Brown and the return of Forrest Lamp.  Rivers gets one more shot at the bright lights before his replacement is likely drafted in 2019.

17.  Buffalo- Mason Rudolph, QB- The powers that be in Buffalo decide that Tyrod Taylor isn't the guy and Nathan Peterman definitely isn't the guy.  Rudolph gives them another crack at the QB position.

18.  Detroit- Christian Wilkins, DT- Detroit is pumped when the top interior defender in the class is available at 18.  Wilkins give them the complement to A'Shawn Robinson they need and somewhat recreates the Suh-Fairley combo in their 4-3 defense.

19.  Dallas- Maurice Hurst, DT- Dallas should be set on the edge for a while.  Demarcus Lawrence was a lone bright spot this season and Taco Charlton is a top pick.  Maliek Collins is a nice young prospect but David Irving is playing too much inside.

20.  Seattle- Kolton Miller, OL- Seattle finally addresses the offensive line.  Miller is capable of playing either tackle position.  The 'Hawks just need capable bodies to move around.  

21.  Tennessee- Clelin Ferrell, EDGE- There are a lot of 'tweener edge prospects in this class, but Ferrell is a high end 4-3 defensive end prospect for a Titans team that needs one.  Jurell Casey needs some help.

22.  Baltimore- Courtland Sutton, WR- Mike Wallace is not a long term answer and it's certainly possible that Breshad Perriman isn't either.  Sutton is potentially my favorite WR prospect in the draft, but Ridley's Julio Jones/Amari Cooper Bama pedigree will send him off the board first.

23.  Atlanta- Harold Landry, OLB- Atlanta needs a better complement for Vic Beasley than Courtney Upshaw or Brooks Reed.  They've got offensive issues that not having Kyle Shanahan exposed as well, but Landry's too good not to add to Quinn's defense.

24.  New Orleans- Roquan Smith, ILB- New Orleans continues to get serious about their defense.  Anzalone is a good start, but Gerald Hodges and Manti Te'o are not a great start up the middle.  Smith is this draft's best off the ball linebacker prospect.

25.  Buffalo (KC)- James Washington, WR- Buffalo pairs Washington with his college QB.  It's a good start to revitalizing the Bills passing offense to complement their solid defense and running game.

26.  Jacksonville- Christian Kirk, WR- Who knows if Allen Robinson will return after this season or Marqise Lee will return after that.  The Jags young defense probably doesn't require a first round pick this season unless a value slaps them in the face.  

27.  Los Angeles Rams- Arden Key, EDGE- Aaron Donald is as good as it gets paired with Michael Brockers but the Rams could use edge pressure.  Connor Barwin is not likely a long term answer.

28.  Carolina- Derrius Guice, RB- Jonathan Stewart has been an excellent complement to Cam Newton for years but the running back clock is ticking for the will-be 31 year old.  Guice and McCaffery will allow Carolina to continue to run Shula's offense to a tee.

29.  Pittsburgh- Dallas Goedert, TE- Pittsburgh has been trying to replace Heeeeeeeeeeath for a few drafts now.  Jesse James is a nice player but he's not the potentially dominant force that Goedert is.  The two complement each other just fine.

30.  Minnesota- Billy Price, OL- The Vikings re-invest in their running game after the excellent season Case Keenum put together with Thielen and Diggs.  Price is an old teammate of Pat Elfleins and can solidify an offensive line that isn't really all that great.  

31.  Philadelphia- Deon Cain, WR- Phily continues to add help at the wide receiver position.  Jeffrey and Agholor provide an excellent outside/slot combo but they could certainly use another threat on a permanent basis.  Torrey Smith's not that guy.

32.  New England- Bryce Love, RB- another Josh McDaniels weapon.  The Pats are more than happy to attack teams using slot receivers, tight ends and backs. That doesn't change with Love, who's a win-now prospect that meshes perfectly with the Brady/Belichek timeline.

Round 2

33.  Cleveland- Vita Vea - DT/DL

34.  Giants- Malik Jefferson - LB 

35.  Colts- Ogbonnia Okoronkow - EDGE

36.  Tampa Bay- Rashaan Evans - LB

37.  Cleveland (HOU)- Isaiah Oliver -CB

38.  New York Jets- Nick Chubb -RB

39.  New England- Marcus Davenport -EDGE

40.  Chicago- Mark Andrews -TE

41.  Denver- Chukwuma Okorafor -OT

42.  Oakland- Da'Ron Payne - DT

43.  Miami- Austin Bryant - EDGE/DL

44.  Cincinatti- TJ Edwards- LB

45.  Green Bay- Sam Hubbard - EDGE/DL

46.  Washington- Tremaine Edmunds- OLB

47.  Arizona- Holton Hill - CB

48.  Buffalo- Jaire Alexander - CB

49.  Detroit- Kerryon Johnson - RB

50.  Dallas- Hayden Hurst - TE

51. Los Angeles Chargers- Deontay Burnett - WR

52.  New York Jets (SEA)- Mitch Hyatt - OT

53.  Tennessee-  Troy Fumagalli - TE

54.  Atlanta- Will Hernandez- OG

55.  Baltimore- Da'Shawn Hand - DL

56.  San Francisco (NO)- Tyquan Lewis- EDGE

57.  Kansas City- Taven Bryan- DT/DL

58.  Jacksonville- Ronnie Harrison- S 

59.  Carolina- Dorance Armstrong - EDGE

60.  Buffalo- Brian O'Neill- OT 

61.  Minnesota- Micah Kizer - LB

62.  Pittsburgh- Carlton Davis- CB

63.  New England- Jeff Holland - DE

64.  Cleveland (PHI)- Marcell Ateman - WR

I don't like another qb prospect but if you guessed he would ace the scouting process then I would be all right by that.

Nick Chubb pick is solid but when I saw Davenport and Andrews taken after Chubb, I changed my mind. lol.

Hyatt pick is generally fine as I like a different OL prospect. Jets need OL help without any question.

Honestly kirk is okay but we have 3 wrs who profile more as the deep threat mold with Dede westbrook(5 foot 10 170) and keelan cole(hes bigger at 6 foot 2 200).  If anythjng i want a wr whos similiar to arob. 

Also i do believe key would be stupid value to pass up on if he was there. 

I dont think harrison falls that far but hes a clear bpa to me in round 2 

Chubb is perfect at five.

However, Evans is a bad pick. LB is our best/deepest position. We've got Lavonte David, Kwon Alexander, and Kendell Beckwith. Just looking through the other second round picks, I'd prefer someone like Nick Chubb or Da'Ron Payne. And I'd probably prefer Payne. Our dline needs a major injection of talent.

I just wasn't impressed with the linebackers that weren't David when Green Bay played Tampa this season.  Maybe Beckwith or Alexander weren't playing in that game or just weren't playing well.  In a league that plays mostly two-linebacker nickel, I feel like Evans and David would be special.  Your team though, I'm sure you're right.

DraftPack 1st off welcome to the site :D   i look forward to more of your posts, mocks, and hopefully good debates on things. 

Now as for the Falcons i think you forgot our 1st round pick last year in Takk Mckineley he is our guy opposite of beasley and has actually out performed beasley this year and is in the top 2 or 3 edge rushers in last years draft.   Think he already has like 6 sacks and a FF or 2 this year in his rookie season.   I was a huge Takk fan coming out last year and i think he is actually doing better than i thought he would in his rookie year.

Brooks Reed, Courtney Upshaw, Adrian Clayborne, Jack Crawford, and Derrick Shelby would be our depth behind those 2 guys going forward. 

Now check this out though with the pick right after us in Roquan Smith you can upgrade not 1 but 3 or 4 positions with just that 1 pick.    Smith is about as sure tackler as you can get in this draft and is a perfect fir for the Falcons at MLB.   Deoin Jones would then slide to his natural position of WLB allowing Cambpell to be a SLB where is strength is and where we had him last year.   This best part about all of this is it gets Vic Beasley back to Edge Rusher and DE and not doing SLB anymore dropping in coverage.   So with just 1 pick you upgrade MLB, WLB, SLB, and DE putting every player in their natural roles and scheme fits. 

Hernandez in the 2nd round at OG is a a def. need for us to upgrade and compete with Wes or replace Levitre if he leaves in FA this year.  The only problem i worry about Will is will he actually fit in our stretch ZBS where he will be required to run and move alot.  Or will his 330 to 340 pound body not be able to handle that and would he be better as a Power Blocking scheme.  I would have to watch a good bit more of him to decide that for myself as i haven't seen a ton of him yet.   Still the position is a good one so i like that you know our needs my friend.

Here is how i would have went for the 1st 2 rounds and a possible player or 2 you might like for our 3rd round pick.

1st - Roquan Smith - LB - Top 15 player and a perfect scheme fit for us and multiple positions upgraded.

2nd - Taven Bryan - DT/DE -  This guy is actually in play as of our late 1st round pick but in the 2nd he is a steal and a good replacement as a DT/DE to put next to Grady Jarrett, Vic Beasley, and Takk Mckineley.

3rd   Isaiah Wynn  OT/OG   or  Frank Ragnow OG/C or Braden Smith - OG - All 3 of  these guys are really good players and possibly 2nd round picks in the draft as their pretty similar talent to Hernandez but all 3 of them Wynn Specifically would probably fit our Zone Scheme much better than Hernandez would.

Archived