Jacksonville Jaguars to remove tarps for playoff game

LinderFournette

7 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

Nice to see the Jaguars stop pretending to fill their stadium up with fans, and actually fill the stadium up with fans, or at least attempt to.

With the tarps the Jaguars still have one of the top 10-15 biggest stadiums in the NFL while being one of the smallest markets.

There's no reason, especially during the last decade, to have a top 5 seating capacity in the NFL with the size of Jacksonville's market.

6 hours ago, gopherwrestler said:

still depressed about the Oregon Ducks failure of a football team for the next decade.

+1

Either way, awesome of the NFL and sponsors to allow it. The demand is obviously there. Nearly 70k with standing room now. Still seems to be plenty of people wanting tickets too based on social media.

2 hours ago, CWood21 said:

I would assume those sponsors get some sort of kickback.

I would assume so too, but either way it is pretty good for them and the team. Pack as many of the fans you can in there and try and help your team out all you can.

Best part of the team is defense, 3K more people in the stands yelling can only only help.

It's about like the Vikings to a little more extreme. It's been a while since Jags fan got to witness a team like this, and it will only help going forward to keep getting the fans to the stadium.

9 hours ago, .Buzz said:

With the tarps the Jaguars still have one of the top 10-15 biggest stadiums in the NFL while being one of the smallest markets.

There's no reason, especially during the last decade, to have a top 5 seating capacity in the NFL with the size of Jacksonville's market.

I've never understood their stadium. Why was it built so much bigger?

Archived