J-Deeres mock offseason

Johnny Nix

Head Coach- Mike Vrable (let him hire his own staff)

Resign-  Kevin Huber P, Russell Bodine C (1 year deal), Andre Smith OT

Notable Free Agents-  Aldon Smith DE, DJ Fluker G/T

Browns sign RFA AJ McCarron to offer sheet and give up a 2nd round pick

Draft

1st- Connor Williams OT Texas

2nd (from Browns)- Justin Reid S Stanford

2nd- Frank Ragnow C Arkansas

3rd- Mike Gesicki TE Penn State

3rd (Comp)- Josey Jewell LB Iowa

still studying the later prospects so wont go past round 3

what do you think, tried to stay realistic

I like it for the most part.  i don't like Williams much as you do, and I doubt they go safety that high.  But if he is a free safety, I wouldn't be upset.  Love the Ragnow pick.  As well as the Gisecki pick.  I am actually working on a mock and have Gisecki in that same slot. 

It’s honestly hard to mock this team. Their isn’t a ton of holes outside of the offensive line and maybe linebacker. I could see them going corner early. Depending on if we hire an outside head coach they could bring players from their former teams to help fill gaps as well 

3 minutes ago, johndeere1707 said:

It’s honestly hard to mock this team. Their isn’t a ton of holes outside of the offensive line and maybe linebacker. I could see them going corner early. Depending on if we hire an outside head coach they could bring players from their former teams to help fill gaps as well 

Right now, I have it as 

1.  Roquan Smith

2a Cleveland (I had us give them Mccarron and 3b for #33 and Gordon)  Orlando Brown  (no idea why is slipping so much, so fast, but our gain)

2b  Price or Ragnow

3.  Gisecki

4.  ??

5a.  ??

5b  Daniel Carlson

6. Marcus baugh

7  Akrum Wadley

Not sure about the trade, honestly.  We will want more than a second, but no way we get the deal on the table prior to the trade deadline.  I used Gordon off the top of my head, but who knows.  I could see us trading Mccarron (with the 2nd round tender) and our second to move back up into the late first for Brown or another tackle.  Just the things I am toying with right now.

Obviously, we need to know who the head coach will be first, and whether they plan to roll with Dalon next year.

11 hours ago, johndeere1707 said:

They will roll with Dalton. No way Mike Brown will trade Dalton. I’m sure that will be a huge part of his decision on who to hire. 

I think it has less to do with the notion of Brown being loyal to Dalton, than it more has to do with their draft position and not being able to land another top QB prospect.

Also, i have serious doubts Cleveland trades for McCarron now.  Why would they with the #1 pick in the draft?

3 hours ago, theJ said:

I think it has less to do with the notion of Brown being loyal to Dalton, than it more has to do with their draft position and not being able to land another top QB prospect.

Also, i have serious doubts Cleveland trades for McCarron now.  Why would they with the #1 pick in the draft?

To bridge the gap to the new pick.  But I don't think it happens either, unless Hue stays and really presses for him

Archived