Giants hire Gettleman as GM

everlong

8 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

I was hoping they'd hire Louis Riddick, siphoning away ESPN's only remaining decent talent.

That could well have been a better move than getting Gettleman. Sort of a puzzling choice by the Giants. At least he'll be willing to address Reese's mistakes, I suppose. Reese certainly wasn't...

16 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

I was hoping they'd hire Louis Riddick, siphoning away ESPN's only remaining decent talent.

I'll never forget when he said he liked Eli Apple as a prospect more than Jalen Ramsey. Not a huge fan of his in general though.

21 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

I'll never forget when he said he liked Eli Apple as a prospect more than Jalen Ramsey. Not a huge fan of his in general though.

He did admit he was wrong there though and tbf most people didn’t think he’d have the success at corner he has had.

With that being said, what’s with all the Louis Riddick love. He has a good understanding of the game but what so special about him? Is it that he sounds so informed due to the fact the platform he is on doesbt typically offer that insight and knowledge?

5 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

Don’t you think that’s a bit silly then that we’re hyping him due to ESPN? Why not look at Daniel Jeremiah too?

Well I don't know who "we" is but I didn't exactly hype him.. just said I'd rather have seen him get hired because it would hurt ESPN.

1 minute ago, Kip Smithers said:

I wasn’t referring to you, I’m more so referring to those that rate him. 

Gotcha. I like his DB evals generally, people will joke in hindisght about him rating Apple above Ramsey, but I think he puts good content out there.

As a panthers fan, overall I did like gettleman but he made some atrocious decisions that led me to lose confidence in him:

1) removing the tag from norman: this has to be one of the most stupid decision in sports ever. I can live with not giving him a long term contract, but you MUST play him one last year with the tag. Norman was an all-pro corner and in 2015 was the difference between a W and L in a number of games for us. In 2016 we had a lot of close losses. I’m sure that if we added an all-pro corner, we would have won most of those games and went to the playoffs. Moreover, this caused a domino effect, because we had to use the entire draft in corners and could not address others gaps (mainly OL which was a nightmare all year long).

2) drafting christian maccfrey: this had bust/reach written all over it. I was strongly against it. We have a good team so it will be rare to have such a high pick in the near future and dave screwed everything. Reggie Bush V2. A good situational player after all the efforts that were made to fit him in the offense (to justify the huge investment in him). Should have gone the easy way and drafted the best corner in the draft. Imagine our team with lattimore. Choosing Maccafrey didn’t make sense then and don’t make sense now, nor ever will.

32 minutes ago, hudson3010 said:

2) drafting christian maccfrey: this had bust/reach written all over it. I was strongly against it. We have a good team so it will be rare to have such a high pick in the near future and dave screwed everything. Reggie Bush V2. A good situational player after all the efforts that were made to fit him in the offense (to justify the huge investment in him). Should have gone the easy way and drafted the best corner in the draft. Imagine our team with lattimore. Choosing Maccafrey didn’t make sense then and don’t make sense now, nor ever will.

The guy who leads our team in YFS and receptions is just a situational player?

Archived