The Truth about Sashi Brown

Mind Character

9 hours ago, Mind Character said:

So, I guess more often than not I attribute a lot of the issues to catastrophic, nonsensical turnovers that I'm not sure coaching would've changed other than the 4 Interceptions that were thrown off of a 1st down pass play when we could've run and the 2 fumbles that happened in similar situations which were situational football coaching errors that did not factor in Kizer's youthful garbageness.

Don't forget the two fumbles that turned into TDs for the opponents.

12/14 more points to the bad.

Sheesh!

It will be interesting to see if many people here have their high opinion of Sashi validated this off season by him getting another shot at a GM role with another team which includes final say over personnel and the draft (which I maintain was Haslam's mistake from the beginning). He fully deserves a job as a salary cap/financial guy, but I don't see the later happening ever again.

2 minutes ago, dawgdish said:

It will be interesting to see if many people here have their high opinion of Sashi validated this off season by him getting another shot at a GM role with another team which includes final say over personnel and the draft (which I maintain was Haslam's mistake from the beginning). He fully deserves a job as a salary cap/financial guy, but I don't see the later happening ever again.

Just because it doesn’t happen this off-season doesn’t mean it won’t in the future.

Let’s see what his picks become.

The fact he wasn’t permitted to reap all of the rewards (2018 draft and free agency) for all of the hard work and tough decisions isn’t helping his cause.

Sashi did a lot of the grunt work and someone else gets to enjoy the fruits of his labor.

Sashi isn't here because he did not find a QBOTF.  He had 2 drafts to do so, where he had multiple high first round picks.  He didn't pull the trigger, and we are where we are.  Now I agree that we are currently in a great position to do that this year, and it would have been interesting to see what Sashi would have done at the top of this draft.  However, I am not shedding any tears for him, and I just hope that Dorsey makes the right decision, as it pertains to the Quarterback position.

16 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Just because it doesn’t happen this off-season doesn’t mean it won’t in the future.

Let’s see what his picks become.

The fact he wasn’t permitted to reap all of the rewards (2018 draft and free agency) for all of the hard work and tough decisions isn’t helping his cause.

Sashi did a lot of the grunt work and someone else gets to enjoy the fruits of his labor.

Sashi wouldn't have reaped anything because he would have traded down to accumulate picks for 2025!  Accumulation of picks?Yes. Using said picks to take players?No.

8 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

Sashi isn't here because he did not find a QBOTF.  He had 2 drafts to do so, where he had multiple high first round picks.  He didn't pull the trigger, and we are where we are.  Now I agree that we are currently in a great position to do that this year, and it would have been interesting to see what Sashi would have done at the top of this draft.  However, I am not shedding any tears for him, and I just hope that Dorsey makes the right decision, as it pertains to the Quarterback position.

Interesting?No.  You know what the outcome would have been.  Scared the s* out of me?Yes.  I didn't want a three-peat.

1 minute ago, Kathouse Sticks said:

Sashi wouldn't have reaped anything because he would have traded down to accumulate picks for 2025!  Accumulation of picks?Yes. Using said picks to take players?No.

You must have missed the 2017 draft where we made the first overall pick and took THREE players in the first round.

To answer both- Nah, I didn't miss it.  I was watching at a friend's house, and got so mad with the Peppers pick that I got up and left and didn't even see the Njoku pick.  

Like the Garrett pick?  I did, and I do.  But, he was pretty much the consensus pick at #1, no?  But that's cool.  Garrett is good, and we need all the good we can get.

Wasn't there some internal debate about taking Trubisky at #1?  I would be interested to see, knowing what Trubisky has shown, what would have been the sentiment if they had taken Trubisky #1 overall?  It looks like he is going to be okay. So, I guess, there would have been some absolute anger for passing on Garrett, but you couldn't fault Sashi for taking that franchise guy, at least.

15 hours ago, mistakey said:

kenny britt was cut after 12 games and his signing wil have no long term impact on the browns... how could that be his biggest mistake?
the biggest mistake he made was cutting Josh McCown and/or not getting a vet that could actually start the 2017 season.  thats why he's not here.

Problem is Mccown would hage got us a few wins this year.  We couldnt have that:)

Sashi did what needed to be done for us to ever have a chance.  He did his job.  Now a "football guy" can come in and finish this off.  Sashi built the foundation and bones of the house, now dorsey can come in and be the interior decorator.

What's the feeling on Peppers?  You guys like him?  Is he being played out of position and would be better lining up somewhere else (in the same zip code, perhaps?).  Just joking, but would he be better lined up at a different position?  Will he justify being selected in the first round?  He should get better.  He's been in on 53 tackles, 40 unassisted.  Zero interceptions.  Not sure about passes defended, as I don't see him on any stat lists, but it does show Odell Beckham with one, so.....it must be zero.

I just hope he improves and is being misused.

To answer both- Nah, I didn't miss it.  I was watching at a friend's house, and got so mad with the Peppers pick that I got up and left and didn't even see the Njoku pick.  

If you saw that they took 3 players in round one, why would think Sashi wouldn’t draft anyone in round 1 this year? Interesting stance iyam.

Like the Garrett pick?  I did, and I do.  But, he was pretty much the consensus pick at #1, no?  But that's cool.  Garrett is good, and we need all the good we can get.

What’s the complaint here? He did the obvious? Ok.

Wasn't there some internal debate about taking Trubisky at #1?  I would be interested to see, knowing what Trubisky has shown, what would have been the sentiment if they had taken Trubisky #1 overall? 

No clue, but Hue was the point man for qb’s so he must not have wanted him too badly, much like when Hue prefered Hooker to Watson.

but you couldn't fault Sashi for taking that franchise guy, at least.

Won’t stop you from trying though will it?

On a side note, you remind me of another poster who had.... we’ll call them interesting...takes who stopped posting right about the same time you started posting.

Humor me, what did you think of Brock Osweiler?

1 minute ago, duke2056 said:

Problem is Mccown would hage got us a few wins this year.  We couldnt have that:)

Sashi did what needed to be done for us to ever have a chance.  He did his job.  Now a "football guy" can come in and finish this off.  Sashi built the foundation and bones of the house, now dorsey can come in and be the interior decorator.

Hopefully we don’t end up with an Eric Fisher at 1...

1 minute ago, duke2056 said:

Duke, if that is what Sashi was supposed to do, and Dorsey does his part, then sweet.  But 1-31 is awfully tough to take, as a fan.  And I know everyone out here wants to win, so I know it bothers you.  Losing is one thing.  Not competitive and incompetent are something else, come on.

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

If you saw that they took 3 players in round one, why would think Sashi wouldn’t draft anyone in round 1 this year? Interesting stance iyam.

What’s the complaint here? He did the obvious? Ok.

No clue, but Hue was the point man for qb’s so he must not have wanted him too badly, much like when Hue prefered Hooker to Watson.

Won’t stop you from trying though will it?

On a side note, you remind me of another poster who had.... we’ll call them interesting...takes who stopped posting right about the same time you started posting.

Humor me, what did you think of Brock Osweiler?

Sorry, if I remind you of anyone.  I'm just me.

Dud from the get-go.  In fact, he probably hurt Kizer in camp by taking snaps away from him.  But that's on Hue.  Is that enough humor for you?

Archived