The Most Disruptive Players on the Cowboys Defense

BobbyBelt

This is a interesting stat....   I just wish there was a way to better define things my concern is when I watch games it seems almost half the interceptions were a result of some other player making a play and another player just being lucky, more then the right spot.   Getting 3 points when the ball falls in your lap seems a little off when the rusher who hit the QB knocking the ball up in the air got only 1 point.  

• 2 weeks later...

Impressive stuff.

However, opportunity vs on field %s also play a huge factor. These numbers also dont factor in good coverage limiting opportunity.

For example, Awuzie missed many games and yet is still fairly high on the ladder. And when he was on the field, he saw fewer targets due to solid coverage, neck and neck with his man most of the route. His chances to.disrupt a play, due to missed games and fewer chances when on the field from playing well, are less and hence his totals are less. While a guy like Brown, on field often and targeted frequently due to mistakes in coverage, has higher numbers from much higher opportunities. And these numbers will alwayd favor ball hunter positions (Mike and Will) or pressure based positions (DE).

I guess what im saying is, there is no metric that tells the whole story..no stat or measurement that can accurately state the whole truth. But, this isnfor sure interesting stuff and a really cool read.

Archived