Curious Case of Mike Mularkey

KingTitan

Just now, KingTitan said:

As far as the assistants, So many of those guys are Murlarkey guys. With a Steelers background. I don't know if they have a choice in the matter but I think a lot would be replaced voluntarily or involuntary lol. 

Most likely, but Russ Grimm loves coaching and wants to coach, the only reason he was out of coaching is because of how Whisenhunt ruined him in Arizona with his retarded offensive scheme. If we can't keep Grimm with a new HC I'd be pretty disappointed.

I can see some truth in them examining his job. It to me plays into the stuff "the Guy" told me, saying it was all being looked at. 

If Jags rest players and we lose embarrassingly then I think that seals his death. 

If they play their starters and we lose in a battle, then I think it doesn't effect the decision. 

I personally don't think today causes him to be safe or fired. I think it's a cumulation of all we seen this season. 

2 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

It's crazy how "Mularkey could be fired and McDaniels is a potential replacement" wasn't even a headline or discussed 24 hours ago

And this news drops the morning of game 16 ... I gotta bad feeling

Remember to, agents do a lot of this "sourcing". 

• Like 2

Just now, titans0021 said:

I will say, I'm intrigued by the idea of Tom Clements at OC. Even if it is adding a career NFL guy that's in his 60s.

He is at least a playcaller that has had success.  I was rooting for Robiske when he was hired, but he doesn't have it. 

Just now, KingTitan said:

He is at least a playcaller that has had success.  I was rooting for Robiske when he was hired, but he doesn't have it. 

Yeah, successful playcaller that ran a modern offense and was the QB coach throughout Aaron Rodgers development. Obviously I can't give him too much credit for Rodgers, who was likely destined for greatness regardless, but it'd be nice to have an OC that has worked with elite quarterbacks (Rodgers obviously, and was also QB coach during Favre's last great year in GB). Especially after Robiskie, who spent the last decade as a WR coach and, during his previous OC tenures, never had a respectable passing game.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

After watching the Mularkey locker room vid for the 100th time..:

you just cant fire him. Robiskie has to go, but you can't fire Mularkey right now 

Kind of how I'm starting to feel. The guy has taken the team from the pits of NFL hell to the playoffs in two years. If he's actually willing to get an OC in here that can spread things out and bring more versatility to our offense I'd be okay with keeping him. That's really the biggest thing right now. The players are completely behind him and play hard for him. If he could progress into more of a CEO type of head coach and let a new OC that can really develop Marcus and put him in better positions to succeed take complete control of the offense, Mularkey could hopefully have some long term success here. It's just a matter of Mularkey seeing the flaws in his system and actually being humble enough to let a new progressive minded coordinator come in and make changes the way he sees fit.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, SerenityNow said:

Kind of how I'm starting to feel. The guy has taken the team from the pits of NFL hell to the playoffs in two years. If he's actually willing to get an OC in here that can spread things out and bring more versatility to our offense I'd be okay with keeping him. That's really the biggest thing right now. The players are completely behind him and play hard for him. If he could progress into more of a CEO type of head coach and let a new OC that can really develop Marcus and put him in better positions to succeed take complete control of the offense, Mularkey could hopefully have some long term success here. It's just a matter of Mularkey seeing the flaws in his system and actually being humble enough to let a new progressive minded coordinator come in and make changes the way he sees fit.

giphy.webp

Yeassss....Yeassss..  Let the doubt creep in..... Let it build within you!  
Good Ol' M-kezzie shall win you over yet..   lol