Curious Case of Mike Mularkey

KingTitan

I haven't seen his the video... But I'm surprised it came to that. I honestly believed that the team (coaches and players to a lesser extent) had been approached by the FO... And maybe told what was going on, not to worry about the press, just go out there and play/win as a team.

If the FO hasn't approached anyone, then that's ****ed up. I would hate working under those conditions, regardless of what the truth is... Be honest with me... We're still evaluating, if the season ends this week were dissatisfied, etc.

Its crappy ownership and management that got us to where were at... Had some hope AAS and JRob were different somehow...

I think part of the problem was it's hard to justify them being dissatisfied with the record and where are at. I agree they should be dissatisfied because I thought of our record as somewhat fake and Mariota was completely being underutilized. 

How do you tell a team and it's coaches you're dissatisfied when they are estatic to have this franchise in the playoffs for the first time in 9 years?

53 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

I think part of the problem was it's hard to justify them being dissatisfied with the record and where are at. I agree they should be dissatisfied because I thought of our record as somewhat fake and Mariota was completely being underutilized. 

How do you tell a team and it's coaches you're dissatisfied when they are estatic to have this franchise in the playoffs for the first time in 9 years?

If we are to believe the reports, its all about Marcus' development. They don't like it. And another thing. Are we sure it came from Amy. We do have a couple of "owners.". What if it's Kenneth saying he doesn't like it? 

I could see, just talking here, but I could see him saying something like:. "Amy wanted Mularkey and I don't really like him. If he don't win, I'm going to suggest to everyone we fire him, because Marcus is our future. And if I'm going to take over one day, I need to have the foundation set and Marcus is that foundation." 

Lol maybe. 

But my feeling all along is hard to fire a guy that someone loved enough to hire without really interviewing and has the team with back to back winning seasons and in the playoffs. 

It's either someone else in the ownership/management area, someone in McDaniels camp trying to get there for someone close to Robinson leaking it. Not Amy. In my opinion.

If it is McDaniels, make that reason #3489 why I don't like him. Snake like mess like that. 

Barring a 59-0 type debacle, you dont fire him. You can't... He's a big part of that locker room...

But he has to make those tough decisions as the HC... He must upgrade the offensive coaching staff (and really start laying that LeBeau contingency plan now). Mariota development is not directly on Mularkey... Its the OC and QB coach. Failing to address and fix that issue when it rears its ugly head is the HCs fault. It didn't look like an issue last year, but now it does... Time to fix it.

Again, the HC duties are much different than those of a coordinator. I just dont think that gets through to everyone here. This is why it sometimes happens where an offensive guru like Billick pits out teams with crap offenses and amazing defenses... Or a defensive guy like Dungy goes on to coach a team with one of the best QBs and offenses in modern times (with questionable at best defenses).

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

Barring a 59-0 type debacle, you dont fire him. You can't... He's a big part of that locker room...

But he has to make those tough decisions as the HC... He must upgrade the offensive coaching staff (and really start laying that LeBeau contingency plan now). Mariota development is not directly on Mularkey... Its the OC and QB coach. Failing to address and fix that issue when it rears its ugly head is the HCs fault. It didn't look like an issue last year, but now it does... Time to fix it.

Again, the HC duties are much different than those of a coordinator. I just dont think that gets through to everyone here. This is why it sometimes happens where an offensive guru like Billick pits out teams with crap offenses and amazing defenses... Or a defensive guy like Dungy goes on to coach a team with one of the best QBs and offenses in modern times (with questionable at best defenses).

A little louder for those in the back. 

Play calling and design is super awesome trait for a HC. But....a bit ol Sir mix a lot but.....that isn't all. 

Now with this tweet it isn't the end of McVay or anything like that. But it is an example to me it is more than X's and O's. Because people are going to figure out what you doing. 

Mularkey has his team's heart. Now it's up to him to make the move to improve the offense by having some coaching changes. 

Or at the least depend more on Mariota like we saw in the 2nd half. 

Get a guy who is all about X's and O's and when those X's and O's fail, it's the respect of the coach that carries you. That's how Mularkey has gotten this far because if it was about the plays the players would have turned on him weeks ago. But they love him so they continue to fight. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Yeah. They had no choice now. Just wouldn't make sense. Players are 10000% behind him and has produced. Ugly. But producing. 

This summer will be key. 

No mention of an extension. So still a lame duck as of now. 

4 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

A little louder for those in the back. 

Play calling and design is super awesome trait for a HC. But....a bit ol Sir mix a lot but.....that isn't all. 

Now with this tweet it isn't the end of McVay or anything like that. But it is an example to me it is more than X's and O's. Because people are going to figure out what you doing. 

Mularkey has his team's heart. Now it's up to him to make the move to improve the offense by having some coaching changes. 

Or at the least depend more on Mariota like we saw in the 2nd half. 

Get a guy who is all about X's and O's and when those X's and O's fail, it's the respect of the coach that carries you. That's how Mularkey has gotten this far because if it was about the plays the players would have turned on him weeks ago. But they love him so they continue to fight. 

Said it before but having players who like playing for you and will fight for you can take you a long way as a coach.

I don't think Rex Ryan was a good head coach but his players loved playing for him and it led to back to back AFCCG appearances. 

On the flip side, Ben McAdoo is pretty decent at the Xs and Os but he couldn't connect with his players. And you see how it totally ruined the Giants season this year.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Two coaches need to be gone this offseason... Robiskie and Jackson. How Frisman Jackson a guy from Temple got a job as an NFL coach is beyond me. It wasn’t like he was putting guys in the NFL. WRs got worse this year with far better talent. That’s on him and this offense.

I guarantee mularkey knows his job is only secured wit an extension based on improvements to his staff, & that will be OC, QB & WR Coach. The titans have been clear they’re not happy with Marcus development & they're all in on what’s good for Marcus