How many types of vehicles are you licensed to operate?

Well, I know for sure I can drive / ride a ride on lawn mower, & moped / scooter... LOL

Officially, I can drive - Car (Auto Licensed).

I used to have a standard Forklift licence / Ticket, but I didn’t get it renewed. So, I can drive it, but just not legally.

Pretty lame really, I need to add something to the repertoire. 

I have my CDL with my HAZMAT. I got it to move equipment back when I worked with heavy equipment. Ran a side-dump and belly dump, low boy moving equipment. Always hauled cattle when I was younger, but didn't need that with farming plates.

The HAZMAT was just a extra 15 questions. I got it just to get it. Thought maybe I would someday have to haul fuel for the farm or when I was working for the construction company.

Only real use I have for it now is for the fire department. Really only need a Class B CDL for that.

I'd advise everyone to get it. Always a good fallback job if your career doesn't pan out.

Can really drive anything that has more than 4 tires. Never got my motorcycle license always wanted to, just never had anything besides a dirtbike as a kid and it wasn't street legal.

1 hour ago, gopherwrestler said:

I have my CDL with my HAZMAT. I got it to move equipment back when I worked with heavy equipment. Ran a side-dump and belly dump, low boy moving equipment. Always hauled cattle when I was younger, but didn't need that with farming plates.

The HAZMAT was just a extra 15 questions. I got it just to get it. Thought maybe I would someday have to haul fuel for the farm or when I was working for the construction company.

Only real use I have for it now is for the fire department. Really only need a Class B CDL for that.

I'd advise everyone to get it. Always a good fallback job if your career doesn't pan out.

Can really drive anything that has more than 4 tires. Never got my motorcycle license always wanted to, just never had anything besides a dirtbike as a kid and it wasn't street legal.

HAZMAT Long-distance truckers are ridiculously well paid. Like a typical trucker can clear $1000-1500/day, but a HAZMAT can hit $2000-3000/week.

10 hours ago, scar988 said:

HAZMAT Long-distance truckers are ridiculously well paid. Like a typical trucker can clear $1000-1500/day, but a HAZMAT can hit $2000-3000/week.

Yep, and all it is, is an extra 15 questions on the written test when you go for your Class A in Minnesota.

one thing to get them type of jobs you are looking at people with experience in trucking 80,000 lbs on a consistent bases. But if you run a side dump or grain truck for 5 Years and have a good record, most companies will give you the job

I kind of want to be that guy in a situation / crisis when someone asks...

"Does anyone know how to operate one of these?"

Then, I can reply... 

"Yes! I know how." 

One day I definitely need to add a boat, plane, or helicopter licence to my list. Purely for egos sake.

Probably won't be the latter two, because people would surely die. I don't have Harrison Ford's luck after all.

But, I think I could handle a boat...

giphy.gif

Then again, there's still a good chance people might die. And, I'm not entirely sure I can still swim? 

2 hours ago, Marc MacGyver said:

And, I'm not entirely sure I can still swim? 

How... I mean, how do you not know? I get it that you don't dive into the deep end of the pool, but how are you not entirely sure?

Archived