Protecting your franchise rookie QB's future

JaguarCrazy2832

On 12/29/2017 at 10:17 AM, MWil23 said:

I understand what you're saying and am prone to agree with you. However, the Browns have more pieces than you think on offense:

That is still to be answered??? Maybe yes, maybe no!!!

Coleman: 2016 1st rounder

So what, will he be a star, who knows???

Gordon: Albeit a drug test waiting to happen, a dynamic/explosive outside WR who is the total package

No successful team wants to depend on a Gordon, that's for losing franchises!!!

Njoku: 2017 1st round draft pick

Again, will he be successful-no guarantees!!!

OL: LT Joe Thomas (HOF), LG Joel Bitonio (Pro Bowl Alternate), C JC Tretter (above average), RG Zeitler (Pro Bowl caliber), RT Shonn Coleman (Average)

What if Thomas retires or comes back from his injury with severely reduced ability???

They have major pieces, but a dynamic RB and another viable outside WR as a Red Zone threat, legitimate #2 outside WR, and an insurance policy for Hash...I mean, FLASH Gordon would be beneficial.

On paper, yes, but only if they develop!!!

If they get a legitimate Franchise QB they could honestly go from 0-16 to a wildcard/division contender, which is hilarious and goes to show just how bad their QB situation has been.

I believe it is more likely to take 2 years before they are a serious contender. Rookie QB's need that time to get up to snuff. But you are correct, within 2 seasons, their offense could be special!!!

Archived