IT - Stephen King Remake

BobbyPhil1781

12 hours ago, RamRod said:

Part 2 has a release date.

September 6th, 2019

Im glad they arent trying to rush this out next year. And while its not the most time for putting out a movie, I feel like they probably planned out part 2 while they planned out part 1.

But less than 24 months, Im sure we will be having Adult counterpart casting rumors pretty soon. 

I feel like it was a missed opportunity not to have Part 2 come out 27 months after Part 1. If they would have gone Late July this year, it could have been Halloween 2019.

7 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

I feel like it was a missed opportunity not to have Part 2 come out 27 months after Part 1. If they would have gone Late July this year, it could have been Halloween 2019

I don’t think this would have found near the success it did if they had gone up against the July line up of Spider-Man, Dunkirk, War of the Planet of the Apes, and the Emoji movie. 

10 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

Im glad they arent trying to rush this out next year. And while its not the most time for putting out a movie, I feel like they probably planned out part 2 while they planned out part 1.

But less than 24 months, Im sure we will be having Adult counterpart casting rumors pretty soon. 

I feel like it was a missed opportunity not to have Part 2 come out 27 months after Part 1. If they would have gone Late July this year, it could have been Halloween 2019.

One of the reddit comments showed both release dates for Part 1 and now part 2 add up to 27.

15 hours ago, iPwn said:

I don’t think this would have found near the success it did if they had gone up against the July line up of Spider-Man, Dunkirk, War of the Planet of the Apes, and the Emoji movie. 

I mean there is no real way to tell, but I think that last weekend in July (27th-30th) would have been just fine. The Emoji Movie bombed, and as much as I enjoyed Atomic Blonde, it didn't do really all that much at the box office (and if we are being honest, if 'It' was on that weekend, AB wouldnt have been).

As far as the previous releases, Homecoming was dwindling down ($13m that weekend) and Dunkirk was never any box office monster to be scared of. The people who really wanted to see it did on opening weekend (with almost a 50% drop in weekend 2 for $26m) and War struggled out of the gate, while quickly dwindling down to $10m in three weekends.

And there wasnt a good movie released in almost the whole month of August. Dark Tower bombed, Annabelle did ok for what it was, Hitman's Bodyguard or Logan Lucky? Not saying that it for sure would be looking at the same type of box office, But I dont think it is out of the question. It really could have had some legs through August, but I could understand the worry of people not coming to the Box office for the end of Summer.

All I was saying was that the 27 months would have been a cool thing, and I dont think that July 28th release date would have been a determent to its box office.

Just saw it again with my nieces who literally jumped out of their seats at 2 different scare scenes and screamed at several more. 

This has to be a contender at the oscar's in a few places. Personally I think Bill Skarsgard should at least get a nomination by the Academy or someplace serious for best performance. So much politics, fanfare, arm twisting. This was just good ole fashion method acting. And should be recognized as such.

• 2 weeks later...

FINALLY saw this last night. I really liked this adaptation over the original TV series. I knew I would b/c it was made to be an R rated movie. Those kids absolutely KILLED it. Their chemistry and acting in general was fantastic. Very excited to see Chapter Two whenever they make it. Only beef w/ it was the CGI in some parts was pretty B movieish. They could've done a lot better there.

Archived