IT - Stephen King Remake

BobbyPhil1781

Just now, JTagg7754 said:

Well, we're not longer in our tweens so I would hope so lol. I'm digging this for a lot of reasons but a big one is nostalgia. This movie is looking to be what the first one should have been and I cannot wait to see if I'm right.

It's not about how old you are, it's about whether or not you want to get scared.  Not saying anybody here is doing this, but every time I hear people say they don't get scared at horror movies, I ask them if they want to get scared, and it's almost always no.  What's the point? 

Horror movies are hypnotism.  If you don't go into them WANTING to get scared, you won't get scared.  It's the same for comedies.  If you don't want to laugh, you won't laugh. 

1 minute ago, HorizontoZenith said:

It's not about how old you are, it's about whether or not you want to get scared.  Not saying anybody here is doing this, but every time I hear people say they don't get scared at horror movies, I ask them if they want to get scared, and it's almost always no.  What's the point? 

Horror movies are hypnotism.  If you don't go into them WANTING to get scared, you won't get scared.  It's the same for comedies.  If you don't want to laugh, you won't laugh. 

I always go into a horror movie wanting to get scared. Just...rarely happens anymore, because most horror movies these days aren't exactly great.

9 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

The "tween" comment was in jest and not meant to be taken literally.

I personally don't get scared at horror movies. If I do, I consider it a masterpiece. Maybe it's b/c I grew up on this stuff. My parents love to tell me when I two, I learned to use a VCR so I could watch Poltergeist over and over again. They never had a filter. I was watching Friday the 13th movies, Elm St, Chucky, Leprechaun, etc etc all the goodies. They simply didn't mind. Maybe I'm numb to it?? I dunno. I've always enjoyed the genre but honestly, the last movie that shook me, and this will sound bad, is the Blair Witch Project. The first movie to use what actually looked like a handheld cam. Just made it so much more realistic. I get why people think it's corny but I remember leaving the theater a little shook by it.

11 minutes ago, Desperado82 said:

I always go into a horror movie wanting to get scared. Just...rarely happens anymore, because most horror movies these days aren't exactly great.

The bold is oh so true. It's more jump scare than actual scare. Bad way to go about things IMO. Give me some damn Puppetmaster and call it a day lol

Just now, Desperado82 said:

I have faith in this movie being good. 

Just now, skywlker32 said:

The problem with scary movies is that they rely on being new and surprising. Most movies at this point are pretty predictable, which is just amplified in horror movies.

I disagree.  Horror is about tone.  The reason so few horror movies are scary anymore is because they try stupid fake out scares, they put dumb teenagers with dumb dialogue in the movies, and they're far too generic.  A horror movie doesn't have to be surprising or unpredictable, it just has to do it well.  For example, The Conjuring.  We all knew the family was going to live, but the way it was done was what made it creepy. 

And

Just now, JTagg7754 said:

the last movie that shook me, and this will sound bad, is the Blair Witch Project.

I think the Reason the Blair Witch Project is frowned upon is because of everything that came after.  The movie legit scared the crap out of me with that ending.  I will defend that movie until I die for the way they made it terrifying without showing literally anything, and with what was implied rather than what was shown. 

• 3 weeks later...
Just now, devils1854 said:

I watched the VR trailer thing, and watching it scared me. I dont do well with actual scary movies, and I really want to see this. 

I think everybody really wants to see this.  It's a very good thing for horror fans.  Having a hard R horror movie do really well could pave the way for more hard R horror. 

• 3 weeks later...

Archived