IT - Stephen King Remake

BobbyPhil1781

18 hours ago, bkobow05 said:

I thought Sam Rockwell would make a really good Richie but I went with the mid-to-late 30s group outside of Ali for my choices.

Rockwell is 48. Not sure how they are going to have him in the story, but Henry was in prison/mental hospital in the tv movie, so him looking a bit older works, but yeah, he probably wouldnt work as one of the seven.

Theroux-46, Chastain-40, Wilson-44, Arnett-47, Stuhlbarg-49, and Whigham-48 are all older than the characters but they all look young enough to be late 30s/early 40s.

Royo-49, is the only one that really doesnt look that young, but he will fit the way they are going to portray the character in the sequel.

Finally saw it tonight and I thought it was fantastic. Pennywise was ominous and creepy as well as terrifying at times. Beverly's bathroom scene and the slideshow scene were amazing.

And as everyone said, the kids nailed their roles. It was a little rushed and I noticed a couple changes but it was truer to the book then alot of novel based movie scripts. Might go back and see it again next weekend. My favorite horror movie since The Conjuring

7 hours ago, O'Doyle Rules said:

Some kid yesterday at a party said the movie sucked, and he wanted pennywise to be just a normal man dressed as a clown. I just walked away.

You should have done his parents a favor and slapped him. Doesn't happen enough now days. That's why their like that.

8 hours ago, riceman80 said:

Finally saw it tonight and I thought it was fantastic. Pennywise was ominous and creepy as well as terrifying at times. Beverly's bathroom scene and the slideshow scene were amazing.

And as everyone said, the kids nailed their roles. It was a little rushed and I noticed a couple changes but it was truer to the book then alot of novel based movie scripts. Might go back and see it again next weekend. My favorite horror movie since The Conjuring

Yea, I absolutely loved Skarsgard's voice for the role. Really made it unique and IMO one of a kind.

On 9/9/2017 at 6:27 PM, KManX89 said:

I saw it last night, loved it. It was the perfect adaptation/remake in my book, they changed enough from the mini-series to make it interesting, but kept enough in to keep it faithful. And there were definitely some moments that had me shielding my eyes in fear that something was gonna randomly jump out.

Also,

Reveal hidden contents

I reckon we'll see Pennywise's true form in Part 2.

This movie wasn't a remake of the mini-series, its an adaptation of the book. So it really shouldn't matter what is different from the made for TV mini-series.

On 9/10/2017 at 9:00 PM, Non-Issue said:

I liked it a lot. But I wish it was made into a trilogy. It all felt so rushed. There is so much source material left out.

I wouldn't be surprised if we get at least 3 movies out of this iteration. Obviously we are getting Part 1 and Part 2 when they are kids and then adults. But I wouldnt be shocked if we get a Pennywise origin film, looking all the way back through the history of Derry and the tragedies that happened.

7 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if we get at least 3 movies out of this iteration. Obviously we are getting Part 1 and Part 2 when they are kids and then adults. But I wouldnt be shocked if we get a Pennywise origin film, looking all the way back through the history of Derry and the tragedies that happened.

Oooooh, like a closer look at the disappearance of the original townspeople, the Kitchener Ironworks, the Bradley Gang, etc etc.

That actually sounds like something I would watch.

On 9/9/2017 at 7:27 PM, KManX89 said:

And there were definitely some moments that had me shielding my eyes in fear that something was gonna randomly jump out.

Lol...went to see it with the fam. When the kid with the glasses was sticking his hand in the casket I grabbed my moms shoulder. Scared the crap out of her. She was like you effin a-hole

11 hours ago, Non-Issue said:

Oooooh, like a closer look at the disappearance of the original townspeople, the Kitchener Ironworks, the Bradley Gang, etc etc.

That actually sounds like something I would watch.

Yep, they got a great character depiction with bill Skarsgard, and they will ride it as much as they can. So with Part 2 probably being less 'Clown' screen time than the first one (probably seeing him in other forms), they will want to get more out of him.

Ideally, the Pennywise origin film would be between Part 1 and Part 2. Having either Mike (or possibly Ben as the proxy in the film-verse) stay behind in Derry, just like in the book, obsessing over learning the history and origins of IT. Set it during the 27 year gap, makes it easy to jump time periods, and flesh out how deep and otherworldly the evil goes. But unfortunately I think the plan is for Part 2 next, and then we probably get a shoehorned flashback a few years after that one.

And with Skarsgard telling of a "disturbing flashback" being cut, that was set way back before he was the clown, I think that shows they are atleast thinking of the deeper history of the creature, and this isnt that far-fetched of an idea.

Archived