IT - Stephen King Remake

BobbyPhil1781

The Deadlights were also handled really well in this. Showing it as an inner life force of the clown did a really good job of not making it come across as cheesy the way the miniseries did once it revealed it. Hope they don’t make the “true form” come across as a stupid spider again too.

1 hour ago, O'Doyle Rules said:

Wouldnt mind a one season show for this.

Does it really need one though?

After seeing this a second time, I just dont know if we will ever get a better visual adaptation of IT. Just think about this, we are for sure going to be getting 4.5+ hours of this (pt-1 was 2:15, pt-2 will likely be longer) and although it is just my educated-speculation, we could see another 2 hours for the origins/history of Pennywise/IT. That could be close to 7 hours of this IP. If you were getting a good premier television series, you get maybe 10 hours at the absolute most? Likely only 8ish. do you really want to dive 3 more hours into this? You really start getting into the weird crap then, which is where this story starts to fall apart.

And sure, I am jumping the gun, but if we can assume pt 2 is good, and fleshes out the story of the Losers Club battle against Pennywise, what more could you actually get into to carry 3+ more hours of this story? Yea Mike's family history is pretty cool (the picture book and all that) but Im sure we will still see some of that, but do we really need to see Henry kill Mike's dog? Do we need the pre-teen child orgy? Yea you could full build out the Bowers Gang, but he is plenty sadistic and violent with just 3 of them. If we get all those bullies, you will really wonder why the Losers Club arent all dead? Sure you could add in several more IT attacks, but again, they would begin to wear off if we see him 12 times in different forms before we get the first major showdown.

Some version of the Macroverse is on its way in Part 2, but if you really dive into it like the book does, youre going to lose people, while the Ritual of Chud will also probably be in part 2, an encounter with Maturin would really be a Jump the Shark moment if not done absolutely perfect (which is a longshot). As I havent even gotten to the time jump, and skipped over Henry and the Mental Institute, there is clearly enough stuff to fill that time, but is is good enough to warrant the effort?

2 hours ago, iPwn said:

The Deadlights were also handled really well in this. Showing it as an inner life force of the clown did a really good job of not making it come across as cheesy the way the miniseries did once it revealed it. Hope they don’t make the “true form” come across as a stupid spider again too.

I thought that was his true form? Like an endless orange spider or w/e.

3 hours ago, iPwn said:

You oughta put spider in quotes too since that was just the form it took since humans can't process its real form. It goes deeper than just spider, it ties in with the dark tower series somehow with the twelve animal god thingies I believe. The turtle is another one which you may have heard of 

I thought dialogue was good. Didn't really laugh at one liners but maybe it was because I was by myself lol. The jumpscares were lame and predictable and it opening its mouth looked corny like it should've been in an actual 80s scary movie. But all in all I'd give it 7.5/10 

Just now, Calvert28 said:

I thought that was his true form? Like an endless orange spider or w/e.

The closest approximation would be writhing orange lights. Showing a true form is tough because the form is much more conceptual than something that’s been fleshed out as an idea that can both be described and visually shown. The spider was how the group perceived the form, which again was supposed to be “the closest aproximation” a human could understand while also not going insane.

In all honesty, I’m not even sure there’s a way to create a film visualization of the Deadlights that doesn’t come across cheesy without the movie delving into the more fleshed out ideas in the Dark Tower Series. And with how that bombed, I’m not sure we’re getting a quality film adaptation of those ideas that any time soon. 

On 9/19/2017 at 7:30 PM, Tyty said:

I thought dialogue was good. Didn't really laugh at one liners but maybe it was because I was by myself lol. The jumpscares were lame and predictable and it opening its mouth looked corny like it should've been in an actual 80s scary movie. But all in all I'd give it 7.5/10 

Which of the jump scares are you talking about? Because there are only a few that were true jump scares (the only ones I can currently remember are Bev leaving the bathroom after cracking her dads skull, and that was effective as hell, and then the lepper coming from nowhere) Almost all of them were shown to us, not actually hidden, and just made it feel even more creepy and gave the sense that you could not escape them.

Archived