FA Thread 2018

barnaby8787

6 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

disgusted-gif-tumblr-6.gif

Jets won't give him a big contract without a proven qb being in place.

I disagree with that. I also think we are one of a few teams that could offer what they want. The only thing is the Giants wouldn’t be getting our 1st this year, they’d have to wait. But how many teams can afford to give him his big pay day? Not many. And like I stated I think it will take a top 10 1st Rounder so that leaves 10 teams really for starters. Browns might be the only other team I can see. But they just paid Landry.

Gotta to say, I'm surprised fan bases are ok with paying a 1st RD pick for OBJ. I wouldn't do it if I am the Jets. I'd rather the Jets roll with what they have. If he is worth a 1st, we don't have the draft capital to make that deal happen. I think the only way I do it is if we also switch from the 3rd pick to the 2nd pick in this year's draft. Then it makes sense for us. 

2 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

I feel like he'd be a good fit for a team like the rams.  I wouldn't do it though.

Dude clearly likes to party or just put himself in situations he shouldn’t be in. If he didn’t have those issues I’d consider it, but in that situation I doubt the Giants would even move him. 

Hes an exceptional talent though 

16 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I don’t expect us to have interest... but I’d actually be perfectly ok with giving up next years 1st for OBJ. The odds are so minimal that whoever we’d draft next year to be as good as him.

Oh I wouldn’t mind giving up the pick for him. It’s the contract and baggage that I have zero interest in 

I don't want anything to do with OBJ.  Ya he is a really good player but he is coming off of a pretty major injury, and he is WAY to much of a handful both on and off the field.  He is going to want  TON of money, and everyone seems to ignore the fact that he has been steadily less effective every year.  Less yards per game, lower catch rate, less catches per game.  He is still extremely good, but people act like he is an unstoppable force, but he only played 1 16 game season and ended up with 1367 yards, which is real nice, but not some crazy megatron or AB season.

I would love Odell, but I'm not willing to give up a first for him. I'd be all over him if he was a free agent though. We're still set to have about $100M next offseason. Next year's WR draft class looks pretty good as well. So it doesn't matter to me. 

36 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

So we were gonna give Suh 15+? Money well not spent 

I honestly think Macc was throwing Todd a bone. Him getting Josh/Teddy and trading up to 3 is good for both of them, but better for Macc. He'll likely get a chance to see that pick through 2-3 years. Todd doesn't have that kind of security. So without the extra picks, it's going to be hard to find a pass rusher... Todd and Macc know it, and it's going to take luck to find one in the draft. Offering Suh a 1 year deal wouldn't have hurt our financial future, but at the same time was out of character for what we're building. I would've loved it, but I get why we didn't do it. 

The Rams were in the same position. They don't have capable edge rushers, thus it made sense to go after Suh to at least help bolster their interior pass rush. Difference was they're a playoff team looking to take that next step. It always made the most sense for him to go there, and I'm starting to believe he was going to regardless. He used us as leverage. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, BJets512 said:

Side note: I think Brockers would fit as a 5-tech. Huge cap number but if he gets released....

Brockers has been playing 5tech for them, seems like they'll use Suh like how Wade used Jay Ratliff in Dallas