FA Thread 2018

barnaby8787

The #Jets are planning to sign #Lions free agent C Travis Swanson, sources say. The former third rounder recently visited NYJ and provides excellent depth inside.

Like this move. Allow him to compete and if he gets over the concussions, could see a scenario where he and Long start at LG/C with Carpenter getting traded.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

Like this move. Allow him to compete and if he gets over the concussions, could see a scenario where he and Long start at LG/C with Carpenter getting traded.  

Gives us some flexibility with Long, Carpenter and Winters.

1 minute ago, barnaby8787 said:

We might be done with FA additions btw.  If i'm not mistaken, we have 82 roster spots out of the 90 covered.  

Still could see us signing one more player (Ealy or Mayowa). Also, it may signal that the Jets won't be looking to trade down in the middle rounds actively... a few weeks ago I felt Macc would look to move down in round 3 (has in 2-out-of-3 drafts), but now I get the sense he will take the BPA at 72 and maybe even trade up. 

1 minute ago, jetskid007 said:

Still could see us signing one more player (Ealy or Mayowa). Also, it may signal that the Jets won't be looking to trade down in the middle rounds actively... a few weeks ago I felt Macc would look to move down in round 3 (has in 2-out-of-3 drafts), but now I get the sense he will take the BPA at 72 and maybe even trade up. 

I realllllllllllllllllllllllllllllly want a RB with our second pick 

Or a C, but I don't think that'll happen

1 minute ago, jetskid007 said:

I prefer an EDGE. Honestly, I think Darron Lee is our best pass rushing LB. 

Same Edge has to be the pick.  Landry, Key, Ejiofor, Armstrong, Sweat, etc could be options. I'd even trade up for one.

Although JC Jackson at CB would be nice too.  A replacement for Claiborne with that kind of talent would be excellent.  

22 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Same Edge has to be the pick.  Landry, Key, Ejiofor, Armstrong, Sweat, etc could be options. I'd even trade up for one.

Although JC Jackson at CB would be nice too.  A replacement for Claiborne with that kind of talent would be excellent.  

Yall have been requesting an edge taken early in the draft since 2007 and it still hasn't happened lol (well besides Gholston) 

I'm going to hope mac keeps it boring and brings in some more OL help. That would be ideal. Draft is loaded with RB talent. Perhaps he can snag someone in the fourth. 

Edited by Colt45fool

1 minute ago, Colt45fool said:

Yall have been requesting an edge taken early in the draft since 2007 and it still hasn't happened lol (well besides Gholston) 

I'm going to hope mac keeps it boring and brings in some more OL help. That would be ideal. Draft is loaded with RB talent. Perhaps he can snag someone in the fourth. 

I'd be fine with a LT prospect too actually.  It's not early though it's the 3rd round.  The 3rd round is Mac's sweet spot for pass rushers actually he's done it twice in 3 years.  

1 hour ago, Rockice_8 said:

I'd be fine with a LT prospect too actually.  It's not early though it's the 3rd round.  The 3rd round is Mac's sweet spot for pass rushers actually he's done it twice in 3 years.  

Has he? Mauldin I guess...Jenkins I wouldnt really consider him that