FA Thread 2018

barnaby8787

12 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

Macc has shown some growth as a GM. He has had 2 good off-seasons in a row now. If he can string a few more and hit on this QB, I think we will be right there. Holding firm on guys like ASJ and then replacing him with comparable guys at a much lower price are all positive signs. Teams like the Pats just string solid off-seasons together where they don't over pay guys. Macc seems to have a similar blueprint.

With Woody out of picture, Macc has been a legit GM. Still, I hope his prospects have panned out well before spending a pile of cash in FA in the end of the 4 year cycle. Otherwise, it will be the same old ******* Jets.

Apparently Bowles is talking up Lozo. He's expecting big things from him. I think that's very optimistic. I viewed him as a player that has to play very well in TC and PS to make the roster being he's had his shot. I'm all for him taking his game up a notch... I just don't see it happening. He's shown flashes. He actually I think 2 years ago had a crazy amount of pressures on the QB and all just wasn't getting the sack numbers (much like Leo last year).

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Apparently Bowles is talking up Lozo. He's expecting big things from him. I think that's very optimistic. I viewed him as a player that has to play very well in TC and PS to make the roster being he's had his shot. I'm all for him taking his game up a notch... I just don't see it happening. He's shown flashes. He actually I think 2 years ago had a crazy amount of pressures on the QB and all just wasn't getting the sack numbers (much like Leo last year).

I saw what you saw. That quote was from last year. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

I saw what you saw. That quote was from last year. 

That makes me feel better actually. Bc if we are relying on lozo to be our sack artist me might be in trouble. Hopefully someone good falls to us in Round 3.

1 hour ago, SDotNova said:

Jets are going for the record in terms of number of WR they bring into camp. 

5 per qb. heh.

Johnson could compete for a spot that is vacated by Anderson due to a suspension. He is supposed to be a vertical threat if his knee permits. That would make him a 8th legit WR on the roster.

1 hour ago, JetsandI said:

5 per qb. heh.

Johnson could compete for a spot that is vacated by Anderson due to a suspension. He is supposed to be a vertical threat if his knee permits. That would make him a 8th legit WR on the roster.

That’s what Hansen is for. Not a 30yr old vet. I swear I’ll be pissed if we keep these 30yr old WRs and all over young guys.

The Minter signing is sneaky. It will big time push Lee. And I like that.

6 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

That’s what Hansen is for. Not a 30yr old vet. I swear I’ll be pissed if we keep these 30yr old WRs and all over young guys.

Lots of camp bodies, looking to catch lightning in a bottle.  However, the final WR roster will probably be something like Robby, Q, Kearse, Pryor, Hansen, Stewart.   Maybe even throw in Peake as a gunner.

12 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I expect Hansen and Kearse play a majority of games. Enunwa and Walford could be either a part time or full time.  That leaves Johnson or Pryor to fill out the last receiving spot for first 4 games or fewer.  After that, Anderson could take either Johnson, Pryor, Hansen or even Enunwa's spot.  Poor Stewart. lol.

Minter signing is solid one for sure. If he is healthy and moves well then I have no problem him taking Lee's spot.