FA Thread 2018

barnaby8787

46 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Odds are stacked against him. Freeney might be the only edge rusher ever to have a good amount of success being shorter. He'd have to add about 25lbs as well.

Dumervil and James Harrison were both pretty short.  Vic Beasly is only 6'2.  Plenty more like Lorenzo Alexander have had good short stints of success.

1 minute ago, rampantjet said:

Dumervil and James Harrison were both pretty short.  Vic Beasly is only 6'2.  Plenty more like Lorenzo Alexander have had good short stints of success.

Beasley was/is an edge rusher though. Lee is a blitzer not an edge rusher. Harrison is also about the size of 2 Lee's.

14 hours ago, SDotNova said:

Just another case of a guy that got drafted by the wrong team. @JetsandI The Panthers would be a good spot for him. I don't think he'll live up to his first round selection. But he can be a decent starter in this league. 

Yea.  When he was drafted, he was supposed to be a solid man coverage LB with gap blitzing ability. So far, he keeps taking wrong angle. Maybe it is time to switch to zone coverage for him to revive his 1st round talent. umm.

Don't know where to put this, but the Cards are moving to a 4-3, which means Deone Bucannon has no position unless they move him to safety where they have Baker and Bethea.  I wonder if Mac tries to swing a trade.  As crazy as if sounds, a Lee for Bucannon trade straight up makes a ton of sense.

22 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

Don't know where to put this, but the Cards are moving to a 4-3, which means Deone Bucannon has no position unless they move him to safety where they have Baker and Bethea.  I wonder if Mac tries to swing a trade.  As crazy as if sounds, a Lee for Bucannon trade straight up makes a ton of sense.

That would be an interesting trade. Bucannon is the better player but he is currently getting paid close to $9 mil and on the last year of his contract. Darron Lee has 2 more years on his rookie deal. I agree - that swap makes a lot of sense. 

2 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

That would be an interesting trade. Bucannon is the better player but he is currently getting paid close to $9 mil and on the last year of his contract. Darron Lee has 2 more years on his rookie deal. I agree - that swap makes a lot of sense. 

Yeah, Deone's a weird fit and will get paid next year (could very well wind up here).  Lee would be an upside trade on a rookie contract.

1 hour ago, barnaby8787 said:

This makes too much sense for both teams

With that said, Bethea is almost 100 years old

He could play the Shaq Thompson role for Wilks. Not much of a size difference and have similar playing styles.

Im not opposed to it bc I like Bucannon... but then where are we playing Bucannon?

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Im not opposed to it bc I like Bucannon... but then where are we playing Bucannon?

He plays ILB/Safety.  Basically just a shadow coverage guy to guard guys like Gronk, etc.  He's a chess piece.  Could be a chess piece in Zona as well, but it's not as natural in the 4-3.  You can't play the guy at OLB because you can't expect a 211 pound guy to set the edge.