FA Thread 2018

barnaby8787

3 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Sign Cobb cut Kearse. Cobb is 27.

Why cut Kearse? Cheap, good fit for our offense, great locker room guy, still ascending as a player.

On the open market, Cobb will still demand more and is a shell of his former self. Rather just continue to draft guys 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

Why cut Kearse? Cheap, good fit for our offense, great locker room guy, still ascending as a player.

On the open market, Cobb will still demand more and is a shell of his former self. Rather just continue to draft guys 

I’m not pro cutting Kearse but if someone with more talent is brought in... there’s no reason to keep him here as the #4 WR. Stewart and Hansen should be battling for those snaps. Not a vet.

20 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I’m not pro cutting Kearse but if someone with more talent is brought in... there’s no reason to keep him here as the #4 WR. Stewart and Hansen should be battling for those snaps. Not a vet.

No need to get Cobb period. Kearse is the same age, has less of an injury history/tread on his tires, and was better than Cobb this season. Cobb is on the downward... can't say with confidence that he's more talented than Kearse today. Stick with what we have, continue to develop the young guys, and draft BPA. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

No need to get Cobb period. Kearse is the same age, has less of an injury history/tread on his tires, and was better than Cobb this season. Cobb is on the downward... can't say with confidence that he's more talented than Kearse today. Stick with what we have, continue to develop the young guys, and draft BPA. 

I’ll take the upgrade of AR15 over Kearse.

I don't think WR is going to be a big priority for us, I think we'll play the Enunwa is coming back card. Enunwa, Anderson, Kearse and Stewart/Hansen, I don't see the Jets even entertaining the idea of someone like Robinson.

Big time splurge: Kirk Cousins, Trumaine Johnson, Malcolm Butler, Le'Veon Bell, Ziggy Ansah.

Semi Splurge: Teddy Bridgewater, Sam Bradford, Case Keenum, Sheldon Richardson, Allen Robinson, Jarvis Landry, Sammy Watkins, Nate Solder, Ryan Jensen, Demarcus Lawerence.

Other targets: Tyler Eifert, Isaiah Crowell, Carlos Hyde, Terrelle Pryor, Paul Richardson, Justin Pugh, Weston Richburg.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Akomplice said:

I don't think WR is going to be a big priority for us, I think we'll play the Enunwa is coming back card. Enunwa, Anderson, Kearse and Stewart/Hansen, I don't see the Jets even entertaining the idea of someone like Robinson.

Big time splurge: Kirk Cousins, Trumaine Johnson, Malcolm Butler, Le'Veon Bell, Ziggy Ansah.

Semi Splurge: Teddy Bridgewater, Sam Bradford, Case Keenum, Sheldon Richardson, Allen Robinson, Jarvis Landry, Sammy Watkins, Nate Solder, Ryan Jensen, Demarcus Lawerence.

Other targets: Tyler Eifert, Isaiah Crowell, Carlos Hyde, Terrelle Pryor, Paul Richardson, Justin Pugh, Weston Richburg.

I really hope Jensen is the first player we target in FA. I don't think Cousins will sign right away, he may want to talk to teams first or see what moves they make before deciding.

9 minutes ago, rdelaney89 said:

I really hope Jensen is the first player we target in FA. I don't think Cousins will sign right away, he may want to talk to teams first or see what moves they make before deciding.

I agree. A QB can’t just sign right away. Cousins will want to talk to the GM, HC, OC, etc. Then gage his options. He won’t sign right away.