Snake and Bake

Ghostnote

So I was listening to the radio on my way home yesterday and Chris Russell, who sometimes I think is very far fetched yet sometimes is right on started talking about an interview the Junkies had with Mike Jones (formerly of the Washington Post, but now with USA Today) that stated that the minority ownership is not happy with Bruce Allen and the demise that has left this team where it is. They are in part embarrassed at how the President of Operations has handled the Kirk Cousins situation and any other PR moves that have happened under his watch. 

Primarily the botched salary cap issues which cost the team 36M in cap penalties, after being warned of the penalties for doing what he did by extending the cap and not adhering to the warnings. Then trading all the picks for Griffin. 

The thought was that he was being kept around to handle the new stadium deal, but as I suggested to Chris Russell, the lease on FedEx is not up till 2026 which leaves another 8 years of that dump. So, Allen is literally biding his time, ripping off the franchise for his lucrative salary, to complete a deal that he believes wont happen without him. Eric Schaefer can get a stadium deal done easily. He is competent to do so. He just doesnt have the leverage over Bruce to do so.

Mike Jones commented, that Kirk Cousins has no trust in Bruce Allen and in which the manner he has treated Cousins. Allen has repeatedly bashed Cousins, i.e., we need to see what he can do the last 5 games of this season after 6 years in the building to evaluate "Kurt" moving forward. Mike Jones also believed that Cousins has befriended Snyder going around Allen which Allen doesnt like and has since entrenched or alienated Cousins to try and make him the bad guy. 

Bottom line: Because of Bruce Allen and Bruce Allen alone, Kirk Cousins is likely not to be here in 2018 and this franchise is likely to be set back another 20 years because Allen has no plan and no clue on what to do in his day to day job. 

It is highly likely that Allen will not lose his job, but it begs me to believe that Snyder has to cave at some point to let Allen go. He has to understand that Allen is going to ruin this team and has no interest in making this team better. Allen has since bought a home in LA and is likely planning his escape plan to leave this franchise right where Cerrrato left it. He knew McCloughan had the knowledge of how to make this team a winner and it killed Allen that he couldn't do it alone. 

I am perplexed to think that Cousins could have been here on a LTD if Allen would have been an accountable President and worked to make the team better than when he came here, but that has been the complete opposite of the truth. 

Bruce Allen is a snake. He is coniving, deceitful, and incompetent. Justification would be to fire Bruce Allen, Hire Scot McCloughan and make Williams the President of Operations. But this is D.C. and the Redskins, and they will screw it up some how. 

All I know is that is literally everything we have said for the last 5 years broken down into a few paragraphs great post!!!!!!!!!!!! Does this mean if we all sit outside Snyder’s hous this weekend with you lose Kirk you lose all of us shirts with fire crude on the back we could win?

I would like to think that the minority owners meet with Snyder at years end (This sunday) and report their distrust of Allen and the direction of the team. They dont have much in the say of the direction or matters for the most part, but they can certainly influence Snyder. 

This team has to do something about Bruce and before they make one of the biggest mistakes of their franchise history by letting Kirk Cousins go. He has been nothing but classy and productive through this whole thing and continues to prove he is the QB of this team, yet Bruce refuses to put out any kind of money for him. 

The other part is, Snyder has to sit down with Kirk and ask him what it would take for him to stay. And yes, its that kind of ultimatum that Kirk cannot be afraid to say: I want 30M AAV, Jay as my coach and Bruce Allen gone. 

I cannot believe that Snyder would turn that down. Mike Jones even stated that Cousins would take 28M AAV in his opinion and Dan would have no issues with it. But Allen is getting in the way. 

I love the Redskins, but I cannot consistently route for a team if they absolutely botch the best franchise QB they have had in 25 years. 

1 hour ago, mike23md said:

I would like to think that the minority owners meet with Snyder at years end (This sunday) and report their distrust of Allen and the direction of the team. They dont have much in the say of the direction or matters for the most part, but they can certainly influence Snyder. 

This team has to do something about Bruce and before they make one of the biggest mistakes of their franchise history by letting Kirk Cousins go. He has been nothing but classy and productive through this whole thing and continues to prove he is the QB of this team, yet Bruce refuses to put out any kind of money for him. 

The other part is, Snyder has to sit down with Kirk and ask him what it would take for him to stay. And yes, its that kind of ultimatum that Kirk cannot be afraid to say: I want 30M AAV, Jay as my coach and Bruce Allen gone. 

I cannot believe that Snyder would turn that down. Mike Jones even stated that Cousins would take 28M AAV in his opinion and Dan would have no issues with it. But Allen is getting in the way. 

I love the Redskins, but I cannot consistently route for a team if they absolutely botch the best franchise QB they have had in 25 years. 

We all begged for Snyder to get out of the day to day but I think this time for this one we need Danny to jump in and do just that and have Kirk say all of that!!! Danny come on man you can not let this Baffoon ruin this team not this time please just call Scot and say Bruce is gone this is your team and we will go back to complaining about Scot and Kirk and we will say Danny is the man lol. I know I jumped off the deep end with this post but hey everyone has gotta have a dream right lol

@ripsean21 There’s no way Scot is back. Not only did Dan already make the decision to pick Bruce over Scot, but Scot is in arbitration over getting Dan to pay him the rest of his contract for not firing  him with cause.

I doubt Scot would want to work under Snyder again either.

As I see it, the only reason we need dan to step in is to overstep Bruce and give Kirk the contract he’s earned and that’s it. It’s amazing we’ve gone from a team that throws away money on many of the wrong players like it’s nothing to now not paying the player who’s earned it the most a fair market long term deal. We need to find a GM who is a medium between these two extremes.

LA morning radio talking about this and framing it as Jon Gruden comes in as President/GM. "He desperately wants to get back into football, but not as a coach and the perfect situation would be working with his brother in Washington." What do you think about that? That should sell a few suites and seats

9 minutes ago, Doc Draper said:

LA morning radio talking about this and framing it as Jon Gruden comes in as President/GM. "He desperately wants to get back into football, but not as a coach and the perfect situation would be working with his brother in Washington." What do you think about that? That should sell a few suites and seats

OMG that would be amazing! It would be great, and Jon loves Kirk too. That would be a perfect situation if it’s true.

I’d hope they’d still keep Eric Schaffer to do the contract, Doug Williams and Kyle Smith as well.

5 minutes ago, mike23md said:

How would Jay feel about that tho? 

Having to take orders from big brother? I would never want to be in my brothers shadow. That would be completely awkward. And it would smell a bit like Brucey...

Depends on how much they like each other - which I think they have a strong relationship - and if Jon lets Jay have a lot of say in personnel decisions which I think he would. They both seems to think a lot alike it’s just Jon is a more firey leader than Jay is.

Archived