NY Jets Extend GM and HC

The Gnat

I'd be down with it, if I were a Jets fan. Given the apparent talent purge that was happening, it certainly feels like this team greatly outperformed it's talent level this season. Competitive in almost every game with a handful of wins that just don't seem like they should have happened with that roster. Everyone had them pegged as the potential 0-16 team this year. 5-11 or 6-10 ain't bad. I'm betting it still leaves them room to back out of this a year from now if 2018 goes miserably, but I like seeing a team have a little patience with a rebuild. They've done the tear down, give them the time to build it back up.

7 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Here  I am.  The first non moderator who thinks it is a right decision for Jets.

I'm with you though.

Jets have been so much better than anyone had expected. Well deserved.

Think some fans just like the excitement of something new but Bowles deserves this extension imo.

A franchise QB can make a world of difference.

Not saying he is definitely the answer there, but not having a QB can make any coach look much worse than they are.

This is a good year to need QB help.   They can not only get a young QB to develop in the draft, but they can also get a stop gap veteran to hold things down for a year or two....or maybe keep McCown for another year, and Christian Hackenberg can go play in the XFL and not be good enough for that, either.    

I'm not opposed to it at all, I just wonder what the offense would be like of Morton wasn't there. He had a pretty lackluster offense put putting up more points than most would have thought. If he leaves this year or next then who replaces him? Someone on staff looking to be promoted?

They have overachieved two out of his three years. If they get a franchise QB it'll turn everything around. I applaud the Jets for not doing the "easy thing" and firing the HC because of 3 seasons out of the playoffs. In today's NFL it takes at least 5 years IMO unless something drastic happens. 

Archived