NY Jets Extend GM and HC

The Gnat

49 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Absolutely. Give him some coach of the year votes too. Cant believe they won more than 3 games.

Yeah, was gonna say this too. He doesn't deserve to win, but Todd Bowles deserves some credit for keeping this team competitive on a weekly basis with such a depleted roster. 

You gotta think at what he's going to do when he's got 3-4 core guys to work with.

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

Nope.   What McVey has done is nothing short of impressive.  Zimmer getting a career year out of Keenum helps his argument significantly.

But he has Wade Phillips.  That is cheating. lol. 

Anyways, McVey definitely has my vote if it counts. He shaped up Rams real good. I don't care what Fisher said.

32 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Yeah, was gonna say this too. He doesn't deserve to win, but Todd Bowles deserves some credit for keeping this team competitive on a weekly basis with such a depleted roster. 

You gotta think at what he's going to do when he's got 3-4 core guys to work with.

Bowles' coaching skill needs some serious work.  Jets are projected to commit to him for 3 more seasons so I hope Jets can find 3 or 4 core players to push Bowles' ability to coach games for real good measure.

2 hours ago, CWood21 said:

If McVey isn’t a consensus something is seriously wrong.

Yep. Rams went from #32 to #1 in scoring offense, and Jared Goff has better numbers than any other NFL QB over the past 8 games. However, Bowles has done an incredible job for the Jets this year. I'd give him another year or two.

4 hours ago, Desperado82 said:

I'm sure this will make Jets fans happy.

Meh.  We're torn.  Personally, I like Bowles; don't care for Mac.  No big deal though.  They had one more year left on their deal.  I'd much rather have them feel secure then have 100+ mil in their pockets and feel like they need to win now.

57 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

So Zimmer getting back-to-back career years out of Bradford and now Keenum is a... negative?

Nevermind I mis-read what you said.

Like you admitted, that's not what I meant.  So those who view that post and come to the same wrong opinion at first glance I'll explain myself further.  The Vikings were coming off an 8-8 season, and are poised to finish the season 13-3 assuming they beat the Bears.  That's a 5 game improvement.  Even if the Rams lose against the 49ers this weekend, they'll finish with an 11-5 record which is a 7 win improvement.  7 is more than 5 so...

3 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Like you admitted, that's not what I meant.  So those who view that post and come to the same wrong opinion at first glance I'll explain myself further.  The Vikings were coming off an 8-8 season, and are poised to finish the season 13-3 assuming they beat the Bears.  That's a 5 game improvement.  Even if the Rams lose against the 49ers this weekend, they'll finish with an 11-5 record which is a 7 win improvement.  7 is more than 5 so...

Yeah but McVay is clearly just riding Jeff Fisher's coattails.

Archived