Jets extend both Maccagnan, Bowles

jetskid007

If you're saying you are rebuilding you have to do this for continuity.

I would guess 2 years... If we aren't a playoff team by then you move on but you cant deny the job done this season with little talent. This and next offseason we should have a great team on our hands.

Just now, KingOfTheDot said:

Happy with this, sure both have had their faults but so would a new coach and GM. 

They both should improve as they go forward and we need continuity right now.

Glad my own Christopher Johnson made this decision. 

Now, we can hope Matt Nagy and Mike Vrabel won't get HC gig until then.  That would make them 2/3 and 3/4 years, respectively, experience at high level of coaching.  Assuming that Reid actually let Nagy call games all the way.

Two years doesn't mean much. They could be fired after next season. 

It's a 50/50 situation for both, but Macc stripped the roster for this rebuilding offseason and Bowles kept the team competitive. 2 games were taken from bad calls & had a chance to possibly beat the Chargers and Saints if McCown was healthy. Difference between 6-9 wins. Macc has missed on some picks, but protected himself with creating the amount of camp space and draft picks he has pulled in. 

A lot can happen this offseason. Macc could trade up for a top QB and use the rest of the picks and cap space to complete the holes in this team. 

24 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

Press conference shortly... discuss

why would they extend Mac now. What happens if he has another lousy draft & does very little in FA period, and does not come up with a QB. Only those lousy owners we have that would give a ?  GM a new contract now. If going 5-11 two years in a row is going in the right direction that is crazy

I wouldn't even say this buys them 2 years.  Next year is huge for them.  If they can't find a franchise QB or a young QB with potential then they could easily be let go after next season.  I think both have been pretty mediocre thus far.  

Now go get us a QB Mac.  

8 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

why would they extend Mac now. What happens if he has another lousy draft & does very little in FA period, and does not come up with a QB. Only those lousy owners we have that would give a ?  GM a new contract now. If going 5-11 two years in a row is going in the right direction that is crazy

Then they're both likely gone.  Don't get wrapped up in the amount of years.  Mac and Bowles jobs are only safe for 1 more season.

I really like this move, I think they do have us on the right path. This offseason will tell us a lot but I really like the potential sitting there right now. I really wish I knew where Cousins has his sights on or if he is just going for money. The transition tag would help us though cause it limits the amount of teams that can offer an unmatchable deal. It would likely only be Us the Browns and the Bills.

that drastically shakes up the draft too. Big moves coming up.

Archived