should the niners re-sign Hyde?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. should the niners re-sign Hyde?

• heck no he sucks
    • yes, as long as it doesn't cost too much
    • No he doesn't suck but we can draft another back who's better
    • Yes sign him! he's a major part of our offense moving forward

26 minutes ago, rudyZ said:

I think Bell would need a lot more help from the OL on those stretch plays than even Hyde needs, just in order to stay clean until he finds the hole. But if he could get to that hole, I feel he'd hit it a lot harder and cleaner than Hyde can and would break a lot more runs.

See, I feel like Hyde would hit it harder and cleaner than Bell(pause). Bell runs at half speed a lot until he sees a clear path and then he hits the gas once he sees daylight. I think Hyde in that same Steeler offense, would be much more of a load between the tackles and hitting those creases. Its one reason I think Bell as runner, is a slightly below average short-yardage runner but his O-Line doesn't expose his weakness in that area like ours would. I think Hyde would be more decisive between the tackles but I think Bell has better vision so he would be able to break longer runs than Hyde ever so often.

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, 48 1/2ers said:

Isaiah Crowell was a key guy in Cleveland with Shanahan so he might be an under the radar signing for us. 

Yeah, I could see that happening. I'm kind of hoping not just because I'm holding out hope on Lewis. I don't know what to make of Crowell. Seems to be so impressive sometimes, and then he goes through these stretches where he just doesn't look like a good football player. But he also played for the Browns, so its like, okay, who is the real Crowell? But I think he's a pretty good combination with Breida and potentially Williams. I also think that you can get him fairly cheap, so if Williams returns and looks really good, you can probably dump Crowell cheap, keep Breida / Williams / Mostert (special teams) and Juice Check. He'd be a good competition piece. With someone like Lewis, you may be already admitting a mistake with Williams unless he can come in and beat out Breida. 

I just read that Rashaad Penny is 220! I thought he was a little guy.  He just became a whole lot more interesting prospect to me .Royce Freeman, Bo Scarborough and LJ Scott might all be options if they last till the 4th. Three big guys that can run with power, not sure how they would perform in that stetch attack of Shanny's. I've always liked Wadley but he seems too small for what we need.  Ronald jones is another guy that lacks the size I'd like to see. I believe we need a bigger back to complement Breida.

2 minutes ago, big9erfan said:

I just read that Rashaad Penny is 220! I thought he was a little guy.  He just became a whole lot more interesting prospect to me .Royce Freeman, Bo Scarborough and LJ Scott might all be options if they last till the 4th. Three big guys that can run with power, not sure how they would perform in that stetch attack of Shanny's. I've always liked Wadley but he seems too small for what we need.  Ronald jones is another guy that lacks the size I'd like to see. I believe we need a bigger back to complement Breida.

Saquon Barkley is over 230...lol I'm thinking theres still a chance he makes it to pick 9, i havent given up hope

2 hours ago, big9erfan said:

Penny is a guy I like. Freeman and Scarborough not so much. 

3 hours ago, 48 1/2ers said:

Saquon Barkley is over 230...lol I'm thinking theres still a chance he makes it to pick 9, i havent given up hope

Sure.  But I'm thinking we need other positions more and at least one of them will still be there.  Maybe Barkley becomes the pick. That would be fine, but I'm looking at guys we can take a shot at in rounds 3-5.

7 minutes ago, big9erfan said:

Sure.  But I'm thinking we need other positions more and at least one of them will still be there.  Maybe Barkley becomes the pick. That would be fine, but I'm looking at guys we can take a shot at in rounds 3-5.

In that case I like John Kelly from Tennessee though he's maybe 210, he runs violent and Jordan Wilkins from Ole Miss is pretty solid too 

22 hours ago, big9erfan said:

Not even in the 4th?  Who do you like that is likely to be there in the 4th?

I really like Mark Walton from the U. His ankle injuries are a little scary, but he's one of those guys that can through some tackles and make defenders miss. Very good athlete. I think he's far too overlooked in this class of running backs. 

I like Ito Smith in the later middle rounds / late rounds, though he and Breida may cross over a little too much. Chase Edmonds is another guy that Iike who will probably be there in the later rounds. Exceptional balance, pretty good out of the backfield. I do have some wear and tear concerns on him though and I think he tries to bounce far too many carries out to the outside...sometimes it works, but sometimes I just want him to blast it straight through, especially at the NFL level. 

I'd also say Damien Harris > Bo. 

17 hours ago, 48 1/2ers said:

In that case I like John Kelly from Tennessee though he's maybe 210, he runs violent and Jordan Wilkins from Ole Miss is pretty solid too 

In 2017, Wilkins rushed for 1,011 yards and nine touchdowns, which nearly doubled his production in both columns for his college career. He also caught 26 passes for 241 yards and a touchdown besides. His average rushing yards per attempt were 6.5; his average receiving yards per catch were 9.3.

From SB Nation. Shall we start this bandwagon, 481/2? All aboard the Jordan Wilkins express! :D

2 hours ago, Chrissooner49er said:

From SB Nation. Shall we start this bandwagon, 481/2? All aboard the Jordan Wilkins express! :D

My love for Saquon Barkley will not stop me from hopping on that wagon at all. Just keep me away from Bryce Love, Wadley, and Chubb. 

Archived