Ohio St vs USC errrr Darnold

Bonanza23

Thought this game important enough to start a thread to talk about it. Lets be real we have a ton of Buckeye fans as well as are possible franchise qb. I believe we’ve lost the last 7 or 9 games to them. I think that ends tonight. Should be a really good game!  Oh and don’t be surprised if Barrett outplays Darnold :P

Errrmm Luck v Weeden

Just now, candyman93 said:

OSU has been shaky at best all year. I can easily see USC winning.

Yeah I wouldn't be surprised either way. If good JT shows up we probably win, if bad JT shows up we'll struggle. I don't expect Darnold to light us up. We have had the better passing and rushing season. We've also been much better defensively. There is a reason we are favored by more than a TD.

The WR talent on USC are more Tavon Austin than impact boundary receivers as they win mostly on underneath routes and deep crossing patterns.

That happens to be what OSU's secondary has improved at covering and USC's OL has some serious holes.

I look forward to seeing how Darnold responds to being under duress b/c that's what it's going to be.

We just want Darnold to 1. Stay Healthy, and 2. Declare for the draft

If those 2 things happen...the plan worked

30 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

USC’s offensive line being shaky is what gives me some optimism. I just don’t trust JT at all.

USC has the far superior quarterback (might be the most lopsided in all of the bowl games), which means they have more than a fighters chance.

This is how I see it. If Barrett can play I believe we win it. 

If tOSU is motivated, they will by at least two TDs. If they come out like they did vs Iowa, USC has a good chance. 

Also USC has a horrible run defense. I would be surprised if tOSU doesn’t rush for over 200+ yards. I would be more shocked if tOSU ran for less than 100yards than if they hit 300+ yards rushing

Archived