Ohio St vs USC errrr Darnold

Bonanza23

4 minutes ago, Mastercheddaar said:

more fuel for the Darnold over Mayfield fire:

Mayfield has a potential top 10 lineman blocking for him. Darnold could have had me blocking for him and he might have got sacked less. 

Mayfield has better receivers. Darnold has basic college WRs and made them look good. 

Sooners are a better team that supports Mayfield and hopefully will win the championship because of it (down with SEC and Clem). Darnold MAKES his team better and elevates players. 

Mayfield is short for a QB that likes to run around and act like a jerk. Darnold has size and is a class act on and off the field.  

If both of these guys were forced into a starting role on the Browns they would fail. Mayfield would complain about not starting or blame his supporting cast whereas I feel Darnold would sit back, learn and do whatever it took to be the next franchise of this team. 

So in conclusion, Darnold had a bad game against a superior opponent. He still is the QB you pick in the draft if you plan on signing a vet and letting the rookie learn. If Darnold goes back to USC with that garbage line... He is making a huge mistake. 

That is all

Mastercheddaar

Like this, make stuff up that hasn't even happened. Mayfield is a bad teammate and Darnold is a golden child.

Oklahoma quarterback Baker Mayfield said he had "no idea" his teammates would take his jersey out to midfield for the coin toss Saturday, and said the ovation he received from Sooners fans after serving a one-series suspension always will stick with him.

Dede Westbrook talks about how the man who helped make him a Heisman Trophy finalist a year just doesn’t seem human:

I wish I had some weird secret to tell you about Baker, honestly. Like that he picked his nose or was mean to servers in restaurants — something to show you that the guy is human like the rest of us. But that’s just not him at all. Baker’s a winner, plain and simple. He might not even be human for all I know. He can do things with a football that most humans just can’t do.

He has done some questionable things on and off of the field but I have never read anything about him complaining or being a bad teammate, but there we have it, it's out there now. He blames his teammates for his failures.

Mayfield isn’t Johnny. But he has mannerisms that are in line with what Johnny did. I think that turns off a lot of browns fans. 

That being said I don’t think mayfield is nearly the person Johnny was. Although Johnny was loved by his teammates too. Mayfield has been praised by everyone that has played with him. 

1 hour ago, Thomas5737 said:

Well Mayfield played TCU twice and Darnold didn't play TCU or Washington. That makes 5 and 5. I haven't really watched these guys play so I don't have a preference yet I just don't like to hear excuses that seem like generic excuses for the guy they support. I'd rather hear something specific about why you don't like Mayfield besides he is short.

Well good call. I even googled the schedules to find out who they played but I never looked at conference opponents. Since when does the USC and Washington not play? The new conference sets up are so terrible. Teams with better records not even playing in conference title games and teams like Iowa or Wisconsin sneaking into title games becuase they didn't have to play anyone ever while the other OSU/Mich/Mich St and Penn State beat each other up on the other side. Same in the SEC with the terrible East for 4-6 years

2 hours ago, OttoGrahamsGhost said:

Mayfield isn’t Johnny. But he has mannerisms that are in line with what Johnny did. I think that turns off a lot of browns fans. 

That being said I don’t think mayfield is nearly the person Johnny was. Although Johnny was loved by his teammates too. Mayfield has been praised by everyone that has played with him. 

No he doesn't. You're not paying attention at all. They are nothing alike on or off the field--such a lazy casting of shade to repeat the Johnny comparison. Just say that you don't like quarterbacks under 6'2" and be done. 

3 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

Like this, make stuff up that hasn't even happened. Mayfield is a bad teammate and Darnold is a golden child.

Oklahoma quarterback Baker Mayfield said he had "no idea" his teammates would take his jersey out to midfield for the coin toss Saturday, and said the ovation he received from Sooners fans after serving a one-series suspension always will stick with him.

Dede Westbrook talks about how the man who helped make him a Heisman Trophy finalist a year just doesn’t seem human:

I wish I had some weird secret to tell you about Baker, honestly. Like that he picked his nose or was mean to servers in restaurants — something to show you that the guy is human like the rest of us. But that’s just not him at all. Baker’s a winner, plain and simple. He might not even be human for all I know. He can do things with a football that most humans just can’t do.

He has done some questionable things on and off of the field but I have never read anything about him complaining or being a bad teammate, but there we have it, it's out there now. He blames his teammates for his failures.

Mayfield is a bust. He will not succeed in the pros. I don’t want anything to do with him. Kid is johnny football take 2. Kid would be a problem. Also he is short and plays the weaker defenses of the big 12. Darnold has a better skill set and size plus there is nothing reported about him being a jerk. Everyone has only positive things to say about him. I want a man leading my team not a crotch grabbing , flag planting, temper tantrum having, boozing child. That and rosen doesn’t want to be here. 

That is all

mc

8 minutes ago, Mastercheddaar said:

Mayfield is a bust. He will not succeed in the pros. I don’t want anything to do with him. Kid is johnny football take 2. Kid would be a problem. Also he is short and plays the weaker defenses of the big 12. Darnold has a better skill set and size plus there is nothing reported about him being a jerk. Everyone has only positive things to say about him. I want a man leading my team not a crotch grabbing , flag planting, temper tantrum having, boozing child. That and rosen doesn’t want to be here. 

That is all

mc

Well, that seals it for me. No one had told me Mayfield was a bust, of course I don't want him if he already busted. Darnold plays good defenses? Neither play big 10 defenses, well they did each once this year but otherwise they don't. Which temper tantrum are you talking about? Boozing? Child? He is older than Darnold. Yeah he planted a flag, probably not cool but as a Buckeye fan it didn't bother me. Yeah, he grabbed his crotch while talking smack with a team that disrespected him and put dirty hits on him. He isn't prototypical size. Maybe he won't be a better pro QB but Baker was clearly a better college QB. Even with all of the talent USC had last year Baker easily outplayed him. Mayfield also got better every year since he walked on the 1st time. Maybe Darnold will become as good or better of a college QB than Mayfield but he will probably have to stay 2 years to be able to possibly accomplish it.

As someone who watched almost every game or USC last year, Darnold was awesome. He didn't lose a game except his debut. Baker's a better college player but direct comparisons are pretty asinine. Completely different offenses, o-line, perimiter talent and quality of defenses they have gone up against.

Neither is a bust yet. Neither is a good pro QB yet. Yes, you can find bustable comparisons for Sam. Yes, there are personality similarities to Manziel for Baker.

It doesn't mean Sam is Matt Barkley. It doesn't mean Baker is Johnny Manziel.

We should at least let it play out without shoving our opinions down everyone's throat as fact, before the fact.

1 hour ago, NudeTayne said:

No he doesn't. You're not paying attention at all. They are nothing alike on or off the field--such a lazy casting of shade to repeat the Johnny comparison. Just say that you don't like quarterbacks under 6'2" and be done. 

I said mannerisms. I didn’t compare the way they play. They both like attention when they’re on the field whether it’s Johnny’s money thing or flipping the bird or mayfield grabbing himself or planting the flag at OSU. 

I don’t have anything against mayfield I was just saying that a lot of people tend to compare the two. I’m not a big fan of Mayfield but I like him more than I did Manziel. 

2 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

Well, that seals it for me. No one had told me Mayfield was a bust, of course I don't want him if he already busted. Darnold plays good defenses? Neither play big 10 defenses, well they did each once this year but otherwise they don't. Which temper tantrum are you talking about? Boozing? Child? He is older than Darnold. Yeah he planted a flag, probably not cool but as a Buckeye fan it didn't bother me. Yeah, he grabbed his crotch while talking smack with a team that disrespected him and put dirty hits on him. He isn't prototypical size. Maybe he won't be a better pro QB but Baker was clearly a better college QB. Even with all of the talent USC had last year Baker easily outplayed him. Mayfield also got better every year since he walked on the 1st time. Maybe Darnold will become as good or better of a college QB than Mayfield but he will probably have to stay 2 years to be able to possibly accomplish it.

Two types of fans in this world... ones that see skill and ones that see flash. You are the latter of the two. In fact 100$ says darnold becomes the better pro? 

That is all

mc

16 minutes ago, Mastercheddaar said:

Two types of fans in this world... ones that see skill and ones that see flash. You are the latter of the two. In fact 100$ says darnold becomes the better pro? 

That is all

mc

Well I'm not betting I don't even know who I like yet. Anyway, I look more towards negative than I do positives so I'm definitely not a "flash" guy. Once I review the prospects I'm going to like the one who makes fewer mistakes, I already know that. Not just turnovers/sacks but "that was a stupid decision" type plays even if it ended in a TD.

Archived