Davante Adams signed extension with Packers

49erurtaza

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

About the same as Jeffrey and he's better than Jeffrey. Expect one or both our other WRs to be cut.

I would expect one of the 2 gets extended by a year to stretch the cap. I can't see both being cut. I don't even think either gets cut tbh

4 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

About the same as Jeffrey and he's better than Jeffrey. Expect one or both our other WRs to be cut.

Both guys can be cut easily - but who takes the 2nd and 3rd WR positions then?  Allison?   Janis seems to have worn out his welcome and missed his window.

11 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Wow big money, expecting Cobb to be cut now?

yep. I think it was a foregone decision regardless of the Adams extension. Cobb is majorly overpaid for his contribution. He's as good as gone. Jordy is a prime candidate for a restructure to finish his career in GB. 

Either way, need a #2 in GB now. Jordy is a #3/slot guy going forward.

1 minute ago, Broncofan said:

Both guys can be cut easily - but who takes the 2nd and 3rd WR positions then?  Allison?   Janis seems to have worn out his welcome and missed his window.

we need to acquire a #2. Neither Jordy or Cobb are suited for that role going forward even if kept. Looks to be a deep WR draft, wouldn't shock me to see us grab one in Rnd 2 this year.

Just now, Broncofan said:

With both of them cut we should be at around 50m in cap space with two FA starters, a center and SS. We could easily pursue Allen Robinson, Sammy Watkins, etc... Or a lesser guy like John Brown/Moncrief and add a Day 1-2 WR.

Just now, incognito_man said:

we need to acquire a #2. Neither Jordy or Cobb are suited for that role going forward even if kept. Looks to be a deep WR draft, wouldn't shock me to see us grab one in Rnd 2 this year.

You guys use so many 3-WR sets though, that Nelson could stay in the slot, that's really all he's good for.   

I have zero doubt you guys spend a Rd2 pick on WR, it's kind of Ted Thompson's MO, just wondering who your other WR becomes given how much you use 3-WR.

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

With both of them cut we should be at around 50m in cap space with two FA starters, a center and SS. We could easily pursue Allen Robinson, Sammy Watkins, etc... Or a lesser guy like John Brown/Moncrief and add a Day 1-2 WR.

With this signing I would be absolutely shocked to see A-Rob walk - JAX would simply have to apply the 15.7M franchise tag, and they can afford it, to keep him.   Adams contract makes the WR franchise tag (likely to be a little higher than 15.7M but not much more) a no-brainer if they can't work out a long-term deal.  I'd expect they'll let Marquise Lee and Allen Hurns walk instead.    

But yeah, I hear you on going another route - TT's MO isn't to go for the top-end talent, I'd think Moncrief would be an awesome under-the-radar type signing along with a Rd2 pick.

Archived